Am I in love with him?

There's this guy... I guess I've known him for about a year now... When I met him we got extremely close right away, and we had this sort of special "link". And I've never had something quite like this with any other person ever. It was special. It might be called "chemistry" or "love"... Whatever it was... Even if it was never directly said... It was THERE. And we BOTH knew it. Problem is, he claimed to be gay for guys and guys 99% of the time. This saddened me... But it didn't hurt our close friendship. I really, truly think I love him. I haven't really talked to him much in months... But I know that we still think about eachother daily. And I always think that I'll get over him, but I really can't... I just want HIM. And we've started talking again... I think we're going to hang out soon... I'm going to tell him
how I feel even if it's weird. I don't care. I've waited so long and he has to know. But is this love? I think it is. What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should tell him, you can't help who you fall for and it's very difficult to just be friends with someone of the opposite sex without some love feelings coming in. That's my view be honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's love to be honest. Right now it's infatuation. That doesn't mean it can't develop into love, I just think that love is something that comes afterwards when you know what their "flaws" are and accept them as they are. You might feel like it's love right now but it's only when you feel this "real love" that it kind of makes you realize that everything else wasn't. It's hard to explain lol. I just think you have to actually be with the person in a relationship before you feel "real love".

I still think you should tell him though. Maybe he's bisexual and willing to give it a go. If not then at least you know and you can start to move on. I've had a crush on a gay guy before. He was my best friend and there was a bit of a click between us. Absolutely sucked when he said he was gay and didn't see me that way.

What Guys Said 2

• Infatuation is the word.

• 1. lust
    2. love
    3. companionship

What Girls Said 2

• I think so too, you're in love with him. And may be he is bisexual?

• Go for it. However, odds are that he is going to reject you since he dates males.