I understand that guys are expected to pay on the first date, but what about the second and third date? when is it okay to split the tab?

I haven't been on many dates in my life, in fact, most of the dates i've been on in my life have been first dates that didn't result in a second date, so because of this i'm not really sure what to do. Also, first date recently, i took a girl out to Denny's to eat, couldn't think of anything else, i didn't want to do coffee because in the past all my of first dates that were coffee dates didn't result in a second date, i'm thinking of going bowling this time, if not that, what is recommended for a second date then?

And when do girls generally not expect the guy to pay anymore?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally the one who asks (meaning picks the place and plans it) pays, then if the asked person wants a second date they pick the place and plan and then of course pay.

I have never went out with guys that I didn't know very well and know I already liked and they already liked me so we kind of went straight for official. No point in dating if you already know the person.

Splitting the bill is fine esp. if you don't want it to feel like a date 'cause it'll be more like hanging with a friend, but beware you may end up being viewed that way...

Most Helpful Guy

• I pay for all meals above $20 and entry fees places she pays for parking and food when we are at the movies or six flags

What Girls Said 4

• Guys aren't expected to pay for a date, nowadays many women like me don't mind splitting the check in half, in consideration that things don't go well. Do not be ashamed and always let your dates know that you will be splitting the check in half, their reactions will let you know what type of person they are.

• ya well girls are never the ones who ask guys out or plan any dates at all

• I do, when I find an interesting man.

• you have asked a guy out before and did it turn into a relationship?

• I think it is always okay to split

• My father always told me there are three things a women does not touch when out on a date... doors, seats an the check.

• Im guessing your dad had gotten a lot of handjobs under the table then. He talks about the doors, seats and check but he doesn't say anything about his dick.

• Lmao u know that's a good question😂

• If you asked her out then I think you should pay. The one who plan the date pays.

• If im invited on a date, ill pay.
      does this make me an anomaly?

• Fight them for the cheque then haha.

Habit i picked up from the family but it usually results in a good laugh

• Yeah👍🏽

What Guys Said 3

• You dont have to pay anything if you dont show up.

• chicks will always expect you to pay.
    why?
    "omg he invited me out, free stuff"

thats how it works here at least

• Fuck that, I ain't paying for shit as a poor college student myself.