I have a boyfriend, but I have a crush on someone else. Why do I feel like this?

I know I'm going to get some heat for this.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years now. We are currently in a long distance relationship, while I attend college.

I started having a crush on this guy that I had for class. I didn't realize it until one night we hung out and I got drunk and we kissed.. I felt horrible after that day and I told myself I never wanted to do that again.

After awhile, my interest in my classmate came back.. Which is weird because we hardly ever talk outside of class and he's so hard to read. It's been a couple of months and I feel the same way.

When I hang out with my boyfriend I tend to get annoyed very easily and I snap. I really don't know why.
I genuinely do care about his well being but I'm starting to feel numb about our relationship.

he's done nothing wrong which makes me question myself as to why I'm losing interest and putting my attention towards some guy who doesn't really care?

134

Most Helpful Guy

• www.court-records.net/animationgk/miles-aha(d).gif

It's because this guy in your class is more attractive to you than your boyfriend.

Too bad, your relationship has run its course because if you really did care, your lips wouldn't have been anyway near his let alone touching them even under influence. At the back of your mind, it was what you wanted (whether you actively pursued it or not) and the fact those tingles linger when you know the guy isn't interest expresses this further.

Break up with your boyfriend because he deserves better than you.

Most Helpful Girl

• The problem isn't necessarily your crush , its the fact you pursued it even more and cheated on your boyfriend. Its not completely weird you've lost interest , it's been 2 years and you're in a long distance relationship , so losing interest can very well happen. I would suggest ending the relationship or at least talking to your boyfriend about you if you dont see the relationship with your boyfriend going anywhere - and its not fair to him at all to not know whats going on and what happened , don't string him along. If you do decide to stay with your boyfriend, completely cut ties with this classmate outside of class. No texting or social media interacting and no hanging out. You've already kissed him , if you want to save your relationship with your boyfriend , steer clear of this guy and avoid the temptations. good luck

• yes I completely understand, and completely understand what I did is not okay.
      Why do I genuinely care about my boyfriend but not enough to continue my relationship with him?
      I don't even understand myself..

• I think you've lost feelings for him. Not enough to leave but enough to have a wandering eye and want something else. I'd say be fair to your boyfriend and break things off

What Guys Said 3

• tell your boyfriend everything that happened. see how it turns out.
    if I were him, I would get upset, talk firmly with you, ask to meet this other guy and tell him straight up if he does anything with you he will regret
    keeping things secret like this is only worse

• Since you said your relationship was long distance I'm guessing your time with your boyfriend is inconsistent at best. Its kinda hard to keep something going with somebody you don't see on a regular basis, and easy to be attracted to another person.

• That's good idea to love ❤ a forgine boy like me for example you have, to tray and you will see the difference.

What Girls Said 12

• Well it is normal that you automatically distance yourself from your Boyfriend because you guys live far apart.

This is nothing tragic and it does not make you a bad person, I think you are just not ready to be with your boyfriend, if you have a crush on somebody else while being in a relationship means that you don't love your partner and you are not ready to continue with him.

You should resolve this, before you get the etiquette as a cheater, it is not a sweet name, you sound like a smart person so don't ruin your reputation by cheating, break up first and then do whatever makes you happy.

If you on the other hand CARE about your boyfriend, then you should honestly make a few steps back and consider the risks and ask yourself where you see yourself in 5 years, with or without him, and if he is worth it, fight for him and forget the crushes... :)

Take care

• So you cheated and didn't tell your boyfriend, and you obviously aren't emotionally fulfilled in your relationship because you're developing feelings for someone else. If you have a shred of respect for your boyfriend, you'll come clean about your actions and end the relationship. I bet he would if he knew how you were behaving and how you feel about the other guy.

• It's very normal for long term, and or long distance relationships to make you feel dull at some point. But I think that you also need to decide whether or not you want to keep pursuing your relationship with your boyfriend and make things work, or explore your life and choices more. Either way, talking to your boyfriend about it is really important to do firsthand. Being completely honest is really important

• You don't like him anymore. Simple. Best not to cheat and hurt his feelings anymore then need be.

Best of luck :)

• Yeah... it's a tough one. It is not really fair towards your boyfriend. You have been together for 2 years now and I think you've through a lot together. You must come to a stand still and think... is this really worth it? Is it worth to throw away something good for something you don't even know will blossom? It is just a crush... it can fly over anytime

• break up with your boyfriend. You already proved how much you carre about him by kissing another guy. And no dont tell me "I was drunk". Alcohol never has any influence on it

• You sound just like my sister. She's been through this. I don't have a certain answer, but maybe your boyfriend isn't right for you or the long distance is making you lonely. Are you someone that likes affection in a relationship?

• it looks like you don't have feelings for your boyfriend

• Easy... you're not interested with your current boyfriend anymore.

• Oh not crushing... you cheated already. Tell the boyfriend and break up

• I've been through this and ended up cheating. It's normal to lose interest in a relationship after you've been together a long time. It gets "boring" really. You don't feel wanted anymore and it's not as passionate as it used to be. The only difference was that the guy I cheated with was my best friend and we both had really strong feelings for each other for years. I ended up leaving my fiance for him. I didn't even regret it.

But your situation is a little different. You need to just take a step back and work out what you want. Take a look at your relationship and work out what is wrong with it. Is there miscommunication? Why do you snap at him all the time? The truth is you're just looking for attention and physical contact elsewhere because it's lacking in your relationship. You can either work on that or call things off and do what you want. But if you call it off you'll probably start to miss all the things you took for granted and want him back again.

• its normal, long distance isn't easy and will make you forget about the person and distance yourself from them. this other guy caught your eye and attention, and you want him now, so best thing to do is come clean to your boyfriend and say that youve lost feelings, youve changed