Should I go out with him again?

I went out with this guy from online dating and REALLY liked him, and we've been texting all week. He asked me out again for this weekend, and suggested we cook something and watch a movie (his original idea was to go out but I need access to Internet 24/7 since i'm on-call for work). I texted sure and asked what he planned on cooking/making.. I forgot to say the word "(cooking) together" at the end of the text & I just meant to ask what ideas he had for what to make. He didn't answer for a day (he usually answers right away) and said "So.. when did it become just me cooking?". His answer seemed sort of hostile and a small thing to get offended over. Plus I thought guys are usually willing to cook for a girl at least in the beginning? I feel a little uncomfortable and feel like calling off the date.. am i being too sensitive?

21

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with you that sounds a little hostile but that's the problem with text. I think you need to actually talk to him.

What Girls Said 2

• Honest opinion: ... uh I'm sure he's a decent human being and a nice guy in general but maybe he's a little sensitive himself to suggest that? Even me, someone who needs lots of hints and direct phrases to go on.. can catch what you mean by asking without the word "together". Call me being paranoid, but I would say go on a few more dates in public places to really understand what he's like as a person before letting yourself go into his "establishment" (aka his home).

• you are thinking too much , give him a chance