Do you think that we should work on ourselves first before entering into a relationship?

Tbh, I've been always saying this to myself. But when someone actually comes into my life and got me falling for them (like... real hard) It just suddendly becomes so hard to decide wether i should be with the person or to keep on working on my imperfect-unstable-vulnerable self while letting them go.

• Nah, love comes and u just enjoy it
  • Nah, i like to have somebody who could complete me
  • Yes, we should
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
lol I'm not saying that i have to be perfect if i want to be in a relationship. I'm saying that i need to be at least fine and stable before entering into a relationship.

112

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so, at least personally. Ever since a breakup with my ex-fiancĂ©e almost two years ago, I haven't been the same, so it's been hard to really get over it, & get back to who I used to be. I've had setbacks with depression, etc. so I want to focus on myself & getting myself stable before getting into anything.

I get that it's hard to do, but personally it feels right for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• you need to be happy with who you are

What Guys Said 11

• TheFellowTraveler is right, it's really a decision that you'll have to make. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on if you're "ready" or not, and some are even going to say you shouldn't worry about changing yourself (which I disagree with). But you'll have to look at yourself and determine whether you think you've got a good foundation to then build on with a partner or not

• yes - a relationship is not going to 'fix you'. You have to do that first - know how to be happy and independent - a success. That way you'll actually have something of high value to bring to a relationship.

• constantly be improving yourself but live life too

• I think we need to redfine what "relationships" are in our collective unconscious. I think we, as men and women, all have a masculine and feminine side and use relationships a a way to try to balance out that aspect of our psyches. there's a whole theory about this. Look up Carl Jung's idea of the "Anima" and "Animus"

• I think you must be stable and love yourself a littl bit to enter in a relation.

After years of anorexia and depression I manage to get better but I am dead inside so I just go through life and not living it.

I am not able to enter in a relation

• It's really a personal thing to consider. There really are no right or wrong answers.

• Sure, just don't wait until you are perfect otherwise you will never enter a relationship

• For guys yeah, we should work on ourself, girls should enter in relationship so they would learn to choose a better partner

• Relationship should be built. Love follows.

• If you wait for that you'll be waiting for the rest of your life.

• I get on with it and enjoy being with another woman if I'm honest.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!