Does my boyfriend care about my well-being?

Long story short, I was diagnosed with a tubular pregnancy. Meaning, the egg is in my fallopian tube, and if it keeps growing it would break my tube and I bleed out internally. I had went to the hospital and I asked him to come with me because I was scared. I thought we would be there for half an hour, but it turned out to be all day.

He was supportive up until when we got home, he kept complaining about how he missed work because we were in the hospital from 8 to 3. It made it seem like it was more important than my well being. He sarcastically put it that work gives him money and that he like money and that it's his responsibility. I ask him if I wasn't his responsibility and he said that I am a grown ass woman.

I don't like how he puts things, and it comes off hurtful and mean but he tells me he can talk how it wants and I just need to toughen up. I don't know, what do you guys think?

All that I had gotten done at the hospital was an ultrasound and given two shots but we waited around all day inbetween those times. I wanted him with me for moral support because obviously I didn't get myself pregnant.
He also said that if he didn't care, he wouldn't have gone with me.

21

What Guys Said 1

• congrats, you are a dating a douchebag

What Girls Said 2

• That is fucking rude of him to say, you basically were at the hospital for something serious and all he thinks about is himself. I definitely would feel hurt and would even consider takin some space

• I initially thought it was because I had said half an hour, and that I didn't anticipate it being all day.

• I would be really disgusted with his reaction, you seem to be taking it well.

• I was angry and we fought. I'm not taking it well at all, but I'm trying not to think so much about myself and seeing different sides it all.

• He may have just been a little tired, but then again, he did not need to complain, or talk to you like that.

• But he figures that he should talk how he wanna talk.

• Tell him if he talks like that again, then you will leave him...