Is it acceptable for a woman to drive a man around?

I've been in a relationship with this guy for almost two months. He has epilepsy and had a seizure back in November. Due to this he is not allowed to drive for six months. I drive everywhere we go and I don't have a problem with it. My dad has told me that no man who really likes a woman is going to allow them to drive them around constantly. He also suggested that he may be lying about having a car even though I've driven it multiple times. He suggested that it could be a friend's car. Is my dad just old school or is this true? He always fills my tank up and pays for everything when we go out. He also always opens the door for me etc. He behaves like a real gentleman. I have no reason to believe he's lying but my last relationship was with a manipulative and lying jerk and my family has continuously pointed that out. I'm just wondering if I 'm being manipulated again or what.

Thanks for the help guys. I think my dad is just over protective.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow your dad's messed up. Thats all true about not being able to drive for 6 months. I'd put my money on that is his car. he's not lying he just doesn't want to put you in danger. If he'd have another seizure when you two driving. It could be very deadly to the both of you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Does your dad know about your boyfriend's condition? I would explain all of this to your dad -- that your boyfriend can't drive because of his epilepsy (a legitimate reason) but still very much contributes to the relationship and pays for things and behaves gentlemanly. Your dad probably means well and is just trying to look out for you, especially after your last relationship, but it doesn't sound like his criticisms hold a lot of weight.

As long as you are happy in the relationship and are being treated with kindness and respect, then that's all that matters.

What Guys Said 4

• Your dad is full of shit.

• Nothing wrong with it at all

• wait for 6 months, im gonna go with he's telling the truth on this one though

• My wife never had a car growing up and likes driving. I let her drive more often then not. I hate driving.

I bought the car and pay for the gas and insurance.

What Girls Said 1

• Why would that be unacceptable? He's not manipulating you he has a health problem. He pays for gas and everything else apparently, I don't see any reason for you to be suspicious of him. You sound a little stuck up tbh.

• lol did you not read the part where I said I have no problem with it?

• The fact that you present all of these reasonable points for why you're driving him but listen to your dad and even bother posting this question here says otherwise.

• Or I want to make sure things don't turn out like the last time I didn't listen to my dad