Living together?

In your opinion, living together before marriage is right or wrong? Which one do you prefer? And why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Before, and it's really smart. Even if you have the most amazing dynamic dating each other, it's not guaranteed that you two can live peacefully and harmoniously together.

I've lived with 3 different girls in my life. The third one I managed to live together with really well and married her. With the former two, we didn't get along so well after living together even though we had a wonderful relationship over the dating process. It's a different thing to start sharing laundry and all that.

What Guys Said 9

• It's the best thing you can do you should live together for at least 2 years. By living together for 2 years you got to see the other person how they behave naturally and how they live through stress. Also I would recommend hosting a party of some type of some point because that will induce stress and how they handle that is a good indicator of how they will handle stress overall.

• Nothing wrong with it at all. Better to find out if you can live together before you get married than after!!

• It's fine
    I mean it's all about mutual understanding and decision
    When a guy or girl is in a relationship then it's not about just "Me" it's about "Us"
    If you got my point

• I think its a good way to test compatibility.

• I think I would prefer it before so I can get a real good feel for how they manage money, and what they're cleaning habits are like. It's a deal breaker for me to marry someone who's bad with money or a total slob.

• It's right.

• That would depend what part of the world you are from

• stay together so you know that marriage can take place or not

• The best way to know a person truly is living in the same house for a while.

What Girls Said 14

• I prefer not to just because I want marriage and that commitment before living together. I think living together is a whole new chapter and journey that I look forward to doing after my man made the ultimate commitment to me:) And before anyone says you need to in order to know your partner then my thought is if you think a guy having different household habits will make or break your relationship, then I'm not sure how much of a solid relationship and connection you had to begin with... and you can still know your partner's habits by staying over for a few days or weekends and being together a long time.

• It's right in my opinion. Living together is like a trial run to see if two people can handle it before marriage. I know a few couples who have split up after moving in together because they just couldn't handle being on top of one another all of the time. I'd definitely want to live with my SO before getting married.

• It's right. If you're confident you'll stay with this person forever you shouldn't depend on a document to give you permission to do certain things. People wait so long to get married nowadays, it would be ridiculous to wait up to 10 years to have sex or move in together.
    Don't move in early on in the relationship but you don't have to wait until marriage to take that step. What better way to learn if you're truly compatible with someone than to live with them?

• Living together before marrying would be a wise move. That can be one wise move to check if you can withstand your partner's tendencies when at home and to check if your partner can also withstand your true colors as well at home.

If you get married first then move in together later and witness a completely different person out of your partner after marrying, then separating legally would be more costly and more gruelling (take your pick-- annulment or divorce).

• I seriously find it very stupid to move in after getting married. The same goes for not having sex until marriage.

You have to know if that person is the right one for you, and the only way to know that for sure, is to have been living together and had sex together. That is the only way to see if you are compatible and if you are able to spend so much time together. Because when you start living together, that is when you for real start to notice their habits, how do they act when they are at home, are they messy or not, anything really.

The same goes for friendship.
    I have heard many times, really good friends get the idea to start living together or become roommates, but will only start to seriously regret it afterwards because they just don't work together like that and often the friendship is either ruined or they move out to save the friendship.

• People should live together before they get married. Being in a relationdhip with someone and sharing an apartment is a big difference.

• Well let's put it this way, you wouldn't buy a new car without first test driving it, would you? lol

• right. you tend to see their true colors when you live with them

• It's right. Sure I'll live with my boyfriend before marriage. I can see everything about him then, not only what he shows to me. If we couldn't live together, break before marriage is a good choice.

• Forgive me but I'm distracted by your profile pic. It looks like a woman who was beaten. Is that you? Are you okay?

• I think it's a good thing, it helps you realize how things will be after the marriage

• I think it's wrong because if you do all stuff with your partner while in a relationship then what is the point getting married.

• I think it's ok as long as you can be your absolute self around them

• I think it's fine to live together before getting married