When your dating standards are too high?

all sane creatures and women have standards when it comes to dating and marriage...
but are they too high?
i think if you want your partner to have qualities that you lack
---THAN YOUR STANDARDS ARE TOO HIGH
for example : a girl i know wanted a devoted muslim , rich , well educated , well paied guy for a husband
but the fact is she doesn't have a job , doesn't pray , is not rich... :>

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I believe if you can't match the standards you set for others then maybe your standards are too high.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't set standards that I can't live up to.

But everyone's different. As long as they have a good personality, have some things in common, and are somewhat attractive then that's all that matters. Can't be completely lacking in one of those fields.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you make a great point. I always get a kick out of these young, beautiful, uneducated girls thinking they will find a wealthy man to take care of them in the lifestyle they would like to become accustomed. That's the exception not the rule!

What Guys Said 4

• My standards are normal for people like me they are what I was raised with and my standards are nothing that I can't meet myself or don't already meet.

In my opinion the standards you set for others should be standards that you, yourself can meet.

• You can not expect to receive something you yourself can not give to your partner.

• we men have quotas to wait since we dont have a clock ticking like women do, so i would just keep on searching

• never settle for less than you want. regardless of what other people say.
    its your life, not their lives. they'll take everything good from you and give you left over garbage if you let them. this is human dominance.

• destroy those people when you learn who they are... without mercy...
      they are prey to be abused and hurt.

• Hypergamy. Look it up.