Would you be in a relationship/have sex with someone you're not physically attracted to?

title says it all

• Yes, ill be in a relationship and have sex
    19%(10)19%(20)Vote19%(10)
  • No, i would not be in a relationship but still have sex
    8%(4)14%(15)Vote20%(11)
  • No, i would not be in a relationship nor have sex
    73%(38)67%(71)Vote61%(33)

Most Helpful Guy

• I see most girls (and also guys), say they could not be in a relationship with someone that they do not feel attracted to, looks wise
    I met someone and she openly says her guy is ugly. She is even ashamed of his looks, so she never introduced him to us.
    And this question (and more importantly the answers), confirm that you need to be attracted physically to someone.

But I would like to read the answers of those that said would be in a relationship even though they do not feel attracted to the other person. What is the reasoning for you people to do such a thing?

I tried to figure this out with this girl I know. I feel that she stays with that guy because better looking people wouldn't stay with her. Maybe she feels her level is way higher than what she could do. So time told her... look you need to settle for guys like him...
    I have no idea how he looks, haven't seen him. So I cannot tell if they are on the same level and she simply blows it out of proportion just because she wrongfully thinks highly of herself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried it. I dated a great guy hoping that connection would somehow grow but unfortunately it didn't in my case and we had to part ways.

• Yeah, I've been there. I really really wanted to feel chemistry because of those other qualities but it just wasn't there

• "We have no idea why love chooses some people and not others." I heard that in a movie recently and it's so true.

• But women aren't the only ones... lots of guys are that way too. It's not that it's a male or female thing. It's a relationship thing.

What Guys Said 17

• Hell no!
    If I was not attracted physically I would not:
    1. Consider her to be suitable to provide 50 per cent of the DNA of children.
    2. Be motivated sufficiently to risk rejection when I made an approach.
    I see courtship as a selection process to find a suitable mate. It is not about getting my cock wet today.
    I would not invest in a woman unless she appeared to have suitable genetics, which would motivate me to want to explore her intelligence and personality.

• a long time ago I had sex with a woman I didn't find attractive a few times, I wouldn't be interested in doing that again, didn't end up enjoying it.

I would never have relationship with a woman I didn't find attractive.

• having sex, sure... relationship nope!

• I did that long ago back when I was a manslut. These days fuck no, satiating my simple sexual curiosity isn't worth the drama, too old for that shit. If she's not hot I don't even talk to her, let alone fuck her. And I don't do ltr's at all with anyone anymore.

• I had sex with someone i wasn't into before and although i didn't regret it i didn't really feel good about it either. I did feel bad like i'd become a 'player' in that moment

• Happened before, not really attracted to her but she was openly flirting with me and was quite horny.. lol

• I simply can't lead people on or use them for sex

• Nope!!! Why would I do that?

• Maybe sex if I'm really desperate

• I wouldn't.

• Yes, a great personality is must for me. Why should I judge a girl based on her looks?

• Neither. I'm celibate and single by choice.

• Yess many a times

• No...

• Neither sex or relationship. Sure they don't gotta be a 10/10 or a super model but at least be somewhat physically attractive.

I once hooked up with a girl I did not find physically attractive, because she was into me and I was desperate and it was so awkward. I wasn't able to get hard at all and she was offended.

• Now ask everyone what if their personality was beatifull. Lol.

• C
    but makes me wonder what sort of atypical situation it might be for B
    to be chosen

Let's see
    not physically attracted to, so attracted to... things in common, intellect, humor and feeling good by her efforts
    then if she were to easily strip & offer sex constantly... this might begin with needing to be topless and forcing BJs on me
    I certainly would pick B

What Girls Said 17

• Nope.

• Unfortunately, I wouldn't. But... A person can become attractive if they have the right personality, even if they aren't that physically appealing.

• I don't see the point of doing that

• no physical attraction = no closeness = no sex

• I wouldn't

• Do you mean, he's not what you would usually be attracted to? But yeah, don't bother at all if you're not interested, save your time and there's. Or could this be a situation of a sugar baby?

• nah I don't think so

• Definitely not.

• why would i do that?

• Nah I couldn't

• No I can't

• I would prefer a relationship with no sex but if that wouldn't be possible non at all

• Even when you first meet someone and they don't have the "looks" at first, the more you get to know and like them makes them more attractive. That's just me though.

• I have done. Mainly as friends pressured that I was frigid. And that he's a nice guy etc so thought id griw to like him. I didn't... he was a awful person

• I have sex with a friend who I was no where near attracted to and we a still but a little distant. The thing you must have good communication with that person.

• No, I need to be physically attracted to a guy.

• I would love to be able to... but undortunately I can't