How to tell him I might die?

I've been with my boyfriend for 8 months and I've just been diagnosed with a brain tumor. It's wrapped around my spinal cord so... they refuse to operate. Things are gonna get bad I've seen what cancer can do to people and those who love them. Do I tell him and how? Or should I leave him and spare him the pain...

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely would tell him. One of my cousins wife left him for no reason at. Well come to find put she was sick and knew she was dying. Told no one and passed away shortly after the divorce. Thats sad to me because she had no one for her at the end and I know he was really heartbroken.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not letting him know is more traumatic than telling him straight up.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, you tell him. Then let him decide how to deal with it just as you must decide how to deal with it. Proton beam treatments are an available option for going after many inoperable brain tumors. Praying for you, girl. Stay strong.

• Is it even possible to have a brain tumor wrapped around your spinal cord?

• To tell him you sit down with him and look directly into his eyes. Take his hand and say you have something to tell him that will possible change things between you two forever. Then explain the tumor and all that you know about it including the great uncertainty of your future.

• @Jrossetti The brain stem is technically an extension of the spinal cord. It's probably located near there.

• I'm so sorry that you are so ill. Yes, you should tell him. Yes, he will be sad. He would be sadder if you left him without a word.

• Im very sorry about what you're going through. You're going to have to tell him pretty bluntly, and give him the opportunity to man up to taking care of you to whatever extent he can.

• there's cure.. you're in my prayers

• break up with him. so that he doesn't know when you start getting worse.

• that is if you truly love him and don't want him traumatised, but then again, it might hurt him anyways. it should be him that decides.

• Brain tumor wrapped around your spinal cord?

• You should tell him the truth but let him down easy about things.

• There are no good options at this point.

• That really fucking sucks. I'm sorry that you're in that situation.

To answer your question, I think it depends on how close you are to your boyfriend. If you two are very close, I feel like you should tell him straight-up about the tumor, and hold nothing back. It'll be a hard pill for him to swallow at first, but I really think he'd appreciate it. I know I would.

If you two aren't that close, I would just break up with him.

What Girls Said 3

• are you undergoing chemo?

tell him so he has the option of being there for you. id definitely want t0 know.

• Wouldn't it be painful if you just died? Painful and confusing because he might resent you for not telling him I think that's something you shouldn't keep to yourself

• tell him the truth and let him know that he can choose to stay or go, stay strong xx