Hey! I've had an intimate friendship with him online for 2 years. We've only been close friends, but I feel we can be so much more... so what now?

So, here are the facts.
-we met online while playing a video game. we've both moved on from that particular game and do so much more.
-we have long, effortless talks late into the night on a regular basis. It's lively, intelligent conversation that I enjoy immensely.
-we are very good friends. I consider him my best friend.

I am a high school student in my junior year. I am usually cautious and rational when it comes to romance. I haven't felt for anyone in a romantic sense since early freshmen year.
However, over the past few months I gradually developed feelings for him, somewhat to my horror.

He is perfect, and I care deeply for him. I got off the phone with him a couple hours ago and I realized that I need to sort my feelings out. I have very little experience in the romance department so I'm out of my depth.
That's where you all come in!
He lives roughly 6 hours away. It is extremely likely I will be moving to Germany, however, once I graduate high school, which is far away from our current locations.
I am insecure and fearful of romance---I don't want to hurt him, and I don't want to be hurt if I can help it.
But I realized a long time ago he is my person. We click, and he makes me happy. He's happy when we talk. And despite all my insecurities, he has earned my complete trust and faith, which is no small feat.
I think I love him. I'm not sure it's love, but it feels like it. It's not butterflies but calmer. It's constant and unwavering. It's me missing him and asking if he wants to talk some. And he always does.
but im scared.
How the hell can I tell him? Should I tell him? I want to meet him. I also think he's beautiful, both on the inside and out.
But he's so far away. I have no experience with long distance, no experience with real relationships other than a couple dates, and im scared. but i know my feelings for him are true. they have endured many months.
Should I tell him?

11

What Guys Said 1

• don't act out of emotions in this one
    it could have horrifying results afterwards
    just keep the things the way they are till you've gone to Germany n then life will happen to you n you'll move on
    time heals all wounds

• I dont think my feelings are irrational. They have been developing for a length of time, which I think says that they are here to stay. I've put a lot of thought into this over the past weeks. :)
      What do you mean by horrifying results?
      I don't really believe in moving on. im tired of moving on and waiting for the opportune moment, because I may end up waiting all my life. I'm not hurt, so the only wound that will be created is one of the regret of not taking my chances.

What Girls Said 1

• How old is he, what's his name and where in Germany does he live?