Is It Worth It?

To keep it short and simple, I started seeing this guy that I met online. It's been almost 2 months and so far we have been communicating daily whether is short or long, by phone or text. Sometimes he initiates and I initiate. We always start our day with a good morning or a good night whether it's from him or me. We have also started to see each other every week for a couple of hours due to our busy schedules. He works night shifts and his weekends are busy. I work regular work hours from 7-3. He is a registered nurse and I am a teacher/graduate student. At first, it was hard, but it's slowly getting better. However, to be honest still difficult for me because I am not used to it.

We have been on four dates, but nothing physical. He is shy and I am shy, but we both agreed that we enjoy each other's company. On dates, he would pay for the most part even though I offer. He has the basic manners of opening doors and all the other gentlemen stuff. Sometimes, I would catch him just looking at me smiling, and when I ask why, he would say just because. Sometimes, he would just call me by my name or text my name without any reason after. (I'm guessing that he is interested in me.)

Since this is out first time meeting and dating anyone from online, we agreed to take it slowly. He says comments like he wants to keep seeing me and get to know me more, but is unsure about being in a committed relationship. However, I find it hard to work with his schedule. So far, our conversations have been getting more personal as we're beginning to share our life stories a bit. He has been very honest to me and willing to talk about even deeper personal topics. I thank him for that and I am willing to share as well.

So my question is... is this really worth it? I find myself missing him, but this could be my own insecurities. Sometimes I wonder if he wants to continue this relationship. Do I just wait and see? IS there even potential in this relationship? Help?

12

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should continue pursuing a relationship with this man.

• Thank you for your opinion. Good to hear from someone else.

• I m over 2 years with my online love in a relationship now. We live together and everything is fine :). I think you should do it if your heart say yes.

What Girls Said 1

• Why wouldn't it be worth it? You might have busy schedules, but you can still manage to make it work if both of you are really into each other.