How do you get over a rejection when its been years?

Long story short, got rejected by my dream girl when I was 17, I'm 21 now and still haven't gotten over it. Have dated two other girls since but haven't had a serious relationship.
There is the saying that time heals all wounds but that doesn't seem to be the case here, I still remeber it as if it were yesterday.

Has anyone ever been in this situation where you just can't seem to get over it? What is the best way to cope?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Just gotta keep trucking until you are ready to let go of the past. It's not that she was the only one for you, but that your heart isn't ready to let her go. That's fine. I couldn't get over my ex for almost three years until I met my fiancee. Even then I still hurt over my ex's breakup. But eventually I decided it didn't hurt me anymore. Good luck~

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes you never really get over someone. The best you can do however is keep on trying until you meet someone that will eventually make you forget about her.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh man, love is tough. The way I see it, you just gotta keep on trying. It took me two years and I still get a whole crap ton of feelings when I run into him. But it's kind of like.. if you still love them but know you would never get back with them, you'll be okay. Just be patient and wait for the right one. She obviously wasn't it, the right one would never break your heart.

What Guys Said 1

• Plenty of fish in the sea.