Is it wrong if I'm dating one of my ex's "friend"?

I recently just reconnected with one of my old friends that I went to hs with back during my sophomore year. Anyways we recently reconnected and are now starting to date. But there's an "issue" the guy I'm dating is "friends" with my ex boyfriend. Not really close they just hang out every now and then. I was friends with the guy I'm dating now way before I even met my ex. We also used to flirt all the time and I even think had potential of being together but he never made a move and then i ended up becoming good friends with my ex and became bf&gf. Anyways so my question is do you think I should not date him for respect of my ex or screw it just date the guy I'm talking to currently?

726

Most Helpful Guy

• date him and dont worry about your ex. your ex is an ex. it doesn;t matter who you date. as long as its not your ex. so dont worry

• That's what I was thinking. I also just wanna make sure it's not disrespectful. Cause he was once someone I cared about! Thank you for ur feed back much appreciated

• ahan, well then its totally cool. you dont need to worry anything then. dont worry

• @bluevega They sound more like acquaintances than friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Life is weird. We fall for people and that's just life. I remember when me and my friend had a crush on the same guy, she always used to say 'You can't help who you fall for'. Just remember that. Everything happens for a reason. Just make sure that the guy you are dating is still respectful to his friend and neither of you rub it in his face.

What Guys Said 25

• Beware - this friend knows ALL about you and hoping at least to sample the sexual side

Otherwise, who knows how mature the ex & this guy might be? If very immature, it's a revenge setup. If very mature, all could be friends for life.

Respect for ex is Looooong Goooooone

• i think you are fine. perhaps if you dated this guy right after breaking up with your ex then perhaps you may have to consider the ex but even then you should feel like the guy is an option if you guys get along well enough

• If he is really a friend of your ex, then he knows he can't date you without your ex's ok. bro code stands that if I even call a girl, even if I don't date her, I have to give the ok for my friends to date her. That will hold true if they are really friends. If your dating him now, and your ex doesn't know, then he is definitely not a friend. If he is, and he doesn't know, and he finds out, it won't be pretty

• There's nothing wrong here. Your ex has had his chance and it shouldn't bother anyone !! Go ahead and enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š

• it could be ok if the new boyfriend has the balls to such up for you if your ex wants to be a duck. however you'll probably ruin their friendship unintentionally

• i don't see any problem with that, i've done the same thing.

• i did that before... iยดd never want to do it again. it could cost you friendships... it sure did cost me 2 friends.

• Nah if he's worried about it he will ask his friend
    And if they arnt that close idt it even maters

• I can't see where your concern stems from but as an adult you cannot dictate chemistry. Now if the relationship with your ex was pretty serious and theyvare close it is understandable that a conversation amongst you all be had to clear any drama but if they're just casual buddies and your relationship is clearly over with your ex as an adult you are free to date whomever you want.

• Nope

• Prolly, but they also prolly think u a slut.. 2... remember it ain't no fun if the homies dont get none

• You can date whomever ya like. Sounds like good chemistry. Go have fun. Life is short!

• well im flirting with my best friends ex. but people dont own other people when they're in a relationship let alone when they are broken up.

• Yeah

• Honestly if they're not good friends who cares.

• it's you and him. don't care about the others!

• Who cares? Date him if u dare. get over it do it or don't. children's problems. Why even I replying!

• just date him. you don't owe your ex anything

• Depends on how you ended things off with your ex. Was it a bad break up? Hate each other? Did you dump him, but he still tries to reach out to you? Are you still cool/respectful to each other?

If they were best friends I would say hell no, bad idea. But if their just occasional buddies thats different. However it is going to make things uncomfortable between them. Guys do compare notes on girls. That's got to be awkward for when they hang out.

• Well I guess you aren't really doing anything wrong but he is, he's a really horrible person if he's willing to date his friend's ex

• No. Just blow the guy.

• yes, thats rule number one of the bro code he's breaking. dudes a bad friend

• no its kinda hot!

• I don't see anything wrong here, your ex is your ex!

• Hey could you tell me how I look if I send a link, just want a random opinion ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Nah fuck the ex bet he would date your mom if she was into him. Date relentlessly. Only person you owe anything to is yourself

• Well when you put it from that perspective. Hahaha very true thanks for that outlook

What Girls Said 6

• No. People move on, including your ex.

He doesn't care, why should you?

• The only people from my ex I consider off limits are his best friends and only because I don't want to spend any time with my ex. If a guy is just an acquaintance to your ex, which is what he seems to be, then dating him is totally OK.

• Depends how he feels and how you both ended the relationship.

• On one hand that's your ex why do you even care on the other hand their little friendship is so over

• It's unpleasant for your ex, but It's you life so it isn't wrong

• it is not wrong , he is just your ex