He ghosted me? He's a coward? Im 19 he's 33?

I've met this guy I'm 19 and he's 33 and we were talking back and forth for a while. I could tell he isn't really into texting but he still would text me back if i started conversation. I would finally get the guts to initiate conversation and id text him but he wouldn't reply. I also noticed he would go weeks without replying and then once im over the situation and I completely give up, he'd text me out of the blue. I normally reply but I dont really try hard with the conversation because I know that he isn't going to try hard to keep it going. He also doesn't text me during the day. He always wants to meet up at night for milkshakes and dinner and stufd and never talks about sex or anything so it doesn't exactly seem like a booty call but I do know there's always a specific time that im all of a sudden "worth hs time" im not sure how to react to this or if i should just ignore him all together, confront him or just assume he's not into me or into texting me.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• he is stringing you along. or he is not sure if you like him. or he is making you crazy on purpose so that when he does respond then you are super excited aboutnit and will drop anything to talk to him. its a guy tactic. also he's old asf and didn't have phones when he was in hs or college and might just not get texting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd just ignore him. He's taking weeks to reply to you so that clarifies your position in his life. He's not eager to talk to you, so you are obviously not on his mind. I honestly don't see the point in keeping in contact with him. It seems you only see him when he can be arsed to bother with you. I'd rather spend time on a guy who is reliable and eager to message me. Not with a guy who's acting indifferent towards me.

What Guys Said 2

• Texting is superficial. The idea that someone doesn't text you how you want never actually means anything.

You should care more about how you guys are in person. If he doesn't seem like he gives a fuck in person leave. If he does try to work it out.

• You're a booty call. And rightfully one too. You play way too many games for someone that old to take you srsly 😄

What Girls Said 2

• I am in the exact same position as you! Except for the fact that I'm 20 and he 25. He will go days and weeks without texting me and then when I'm finally over him, he would send me a message. That particular guy doesn't seem to get sexual with me either, in fact we've had only 3 dates and we still haven't slept with each other. I wonder, are they just stringing us along and using us as a 2nd or 10th option? But if that was the case, why dont they get sexual and dont treat us like a booty call? It doesn't make sense!

• Of course you should ignore him and the fact that he always contacts you at odd times of the day and weeks without contact is classic signs he has a girlfriend/wife. No matter what you should stop talking to much older men like that.