Why do short girls prefer tall guys over average height guys?

I can understand why a tall girl wouldn't want an average height guy. But why are there girls that are 5'3 - 5'5 that don't want to date guys that are 5'9,5'10 and rather go for guys well above 6ft?
It doesn't make any sense, isn't it more practical for you to not strain your neck?

248

Most Helpful Girl

• Tall guys are hot.

Unfortunately we live in a time in society where short girls are considered more feminine than taller girls and where tall guys are considered more masculine than shorter guys. And last time I checked, the majority of men want feminine women and the majority of women want masculine men and the two just kind of find each other.

Yes, it makes sense that taller people would go with taller people and shorter people would go with shorter people... but that's not how it's going at the moment.

Plus... little secret? Muscles look better on taller frames than they do on shorter ones. Which is sad because that means that faint ab muscles on a 6'2 guy will look better than well defined ab muscles on a 5'6 guy.

Life sucks.

• I disagree I don't think short girls are automatically more feminine. I think feminity comes more from figure, like does she have a small waist, a big butt, child bearing hips, big boobs etc. It just happens to be mostly short girls that possess a female curvy figure. But I've seen some flat short girls too. I just generally prefer shorter girls since I am 5'10 and it makes more sense for me from a practical standpoint.

I dont agree that taller guys are more masculine but only if they are naturall broad framed and muscular. Some tall guys are basically tool picks and were just never meant to build muscle. And I've seen seen some short mma fighter looking dudes who'd beat the crap out of any tall guy. So it all depends

• I didn't expect you to agree. You DID ask the question, after all lmao

• I mean to say I agree with you that tall guys are more masculine if they are also broad. Like I wouldn't get out of my way to mess with a guy thats 6'3 if he's muscular thats just stupid.

Most Helpful Guy

• They like tall guys because they know they are short (and they have short genes) and they want their offspring to be taller.

What Girls Said 23

• Why do guys constantly ask this on here. I'll explain it again - many short girls date short guys too. I'm 4'11, most of the guys I get into relationships with are shorter then 6 foot. I prefer a guy who I dont have to hurt my neck to look up at , and its just easier to hug and cuddle a guy who's not so much taller then me. A lot of females who are short think like me , its only the more self centered females who are short but reject anyone who isn't 2 feet taller then them , so why waste energy getting frustrated over females like that anyways?

• Not all short girls do. I'm short and all I ask for is a guy who's taller than me, which is not much 😂

• I don't need freakishly 6'0"+ tall guys. I have chronic neck pain so I don't want to be straining my neck to see his mug. 5'9"-5'11" is good for me.

• I'm 4'10 and my ex was 5'10. I absolutely loved that difference because I literally only stood tall enough where I touched his chest. And I love being able to just lean into ot and listen to his heart.

• I'm 5'4 and I don't date people over 5'11

• Same reason why guys with big or small dicks all want tight pussy. Or why fat people are still attracted to skinny, muscular, or fit people.
    You don't stop finding someone attractive just because you don't "match" them.

• I don't really care about height. I've been with a guy who was 5'5, but also with a guy who was 6'3. Each has its advantages.

• I don't care abiut height. I'm 5' and my fiance is 5'2"! Just depends. Most girls like tall guys for a primal feeling of protection I'd guess

• short couple :p lol
      5'2 is soooooooo short for a man , its not even girlie height. you feel ok with this small man?

• @chick4ever well I'm more insinuating you might. Want to work on your personality

• height matters silly
      please date a man

• I don't like straining my neck and feeling like a child around a man. So I'm one of those 5'8"-5'10" loving girls.

• Its a puzzle piece thing. And well sex potion thing too. Plus if the girl/guy likes the daddy/daughter that would b a main factor. Just remember that not everyone is the same also not everyone likes the same thing over and over 😉 I hope that helped at all

• I am 5"2' and my boyfriend is 6"2'... I just like tall men

• I think tall guys tend to be more nicer, handsome, patience, and awkward and emotional. A study said that 🤔

• For me, i want the guy to be taller than me. And also it would be a plus if he would be taller than me in heels ( i'm 166cm )

• I'm 5'3 and hubby is 6'1. It absolutely works. I love him tall. I can rest my head on his chest while standing. Short never did appeal to me.

• I personally like tall guys because they are tall enough to where it isn't a problem that you wear heels when you go out. They also normallynlove to pick us up and its adorable. Average high isn't bad. But they have to be taller than me for sure.

• because girls want to feel protected lol lmao xd dead

• most girls hate when a boy doesn't like them because they're too fat or too skinny, saying that they objectify women and that they should care about what's in the inside, but when it comes to them, they think they can do the same to boys' height, and that's a major hell no

• because they're more attractive

• we want what we don't have lol. not true though : p

• girls like tell guys

• tall gyus are manly , dude taller the better.

• Not all girls do. I am 5'3 and I am dating a guy hat is 5'6. Some girls just like men that are the complete opposite of them in height. Other girls just find tall men attractive because they think it makes the guy "manlier." Which is not true, by the way. Short girls probably would strain their neck lol, but maybe they are willing to take that risk so they don't have short kids. :)

• Maybe so their kids won't be as short as them

• Because I'm only attracted to tall men.

What Guys Said 7

• They perceive them as being more masculine.

• Shallowness.

• Girls like to feel protected, especially short girls. Tall guys give off that aura of being able to protect more easily.

• lmaoo

• i think it is stupid for anyone to dismiss someone because of their height

• no idea

• To say a joke... because a short girl with a tall guy would reach that "thing" easily while both her and her dude could stand one in front of the other. No efforts loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool