Should I grow some balls and ask my best friend?

So I have been friends with this guy who I met at a bar. He's a bartender. One night I gave him my number and we have been hanging out ever since. That was 6 months ago. Anyway we were hanging out and we both got drunk, we ended up sleeping together. It wasn't awkward at all. That was like 2 months into our friendship. Ever since then, we both agreed to be "Friends with benefits." Yes... I know that never works out. We both just got out of a tough relationship 6 months ago.

So ever since then, we hang out every day together. I stay at his place all the time now.. that I have the code for his house. We both got into business together as well that nobody knows we hook up besides his brother and his close friend. But one night after our event, he asked me if we should buy some food to cook, and get some wine and call it a date. I didn't really know how to react except saying "okay."

He doesn't treat me like his girlfriend because I'm not. But one time I brought a guy up that I went on a double date with, and he was "why didn't you tell me?" or "who was he?" Or "I didn't know we are going on dates now." type of thing. All I responded to him was "Oh stop, I'm not interested plus you know I don't want a relationship with anyone yet" And he agreed because he doesn't want one either.

All my friends think we are dating, but we aren't. But I'm slowly falling for my best friend. Apart of me wants to ask where this thing is going and then another part of me doesn't. I don't want to ask because I'm scared to know the answer plus I don't want to ruin our friendship.

Should I just see where this thing goes? Or should I just grow some balls and ask him?

12

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like you guys are in a relationship. That's what happens when you have friends with benefits; eventually, someone will start to have feelings & it'll continue to grow. Also that you have his code to his house & always there would look like to most people that you guys are together seeing that you are always hanging together. Best thing to do is to talk to him bout it soon as possible. The longer you wait, the higher chance of someone getting hurt cause you waited too long & he decided to start dating someone else

• ask him out! why wait? u guys sound like u'd be good together

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, I think you should grow some balls and ask him out.