Girls, ok im super overprotective of my girlfriend what do you girls prefer?

• Gets jealous and is over protective and ask you who your going out with
  • A guy that dosnt care and never has
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl
i mean like i don't like guys flirting with her and all that stuff. its just i've been cheated on a lot and i mean A LOT i love this girl i trust her i just don't want it to happen. and an old friend dated her b4 me and he's telling me that shell leave me just wait and im starting to beleave

12

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends, if you become possessive and aggressive, it will harm the relationship, and it will mostly HURT HER, i am okay if the guy protects me from guys that are trying to flirt, it happens to me all the time and my man just tells them to POOF, I find it cute, but if he would GIVE ME THE FAULT for it i would be very pissed, instead he finds it hot because his woman is so wanted lol.
    Anyways, there should be a little distance in this, try to open up with her, try to trust her, if you where hurt in the past, it does not mean you will get hurt NOW.

Not every woman is the same, so i would just say to try and be more SOFT :)

Good luck

What Girls Said 11

• A guy who is vigilant, caring and cautious but isn't controlling AKA telling you where you can't and can not go

• I guess you tried to make the doesn't care thing seem negative but being my father can't question me on my comings and goings a man who didn't birth me isn't doing that and I'm married there's over protective and then there's controlling why do you need to know who I'm going out with? Like if you asked who are you going out with and I say some friends from school an I going to have to give full details and what if you don't know them then what I wouldn't want a guy pushing his emotional baggage on me

• I like him being protective to a certain extent, but hate being given a questionnaire about where I'm going, who with & for how long.

You're her partner, not her keeper. She's still her own person.

• The thing is dude, hovering over her isn't going to stop her from leaving. It's more likely to have the opposite effect eventually.
      Show her you trust her and let her have her own life too. You might find you have nothing to worry about.
      Ignore your friend. She left him for reasons between them. This is not his relationship

• A balance.

• I love an over protective guy, but not in a controlling way lol

• Its cool to care but don't go overboard with it, it could push them away

• I like it when a boyfriend is protective of me and concerned for my well-being. What I don't like is someone who thinks they can control me.

• neither its nice for them to be protective but not overprotective and for them to care but not to the stage that they become controlling

• She will leave 4 sure if you don't give her some space

• A guy who doesn't mind you having guy friends, but is still careful

• Aaaah you got it all wrong. Being protective means help the girl stay out of trouble or making sure she's alright and happy. What you describe is being possessive and controlling and that shit ain't going to work in the long run.