Guys, what makes a girl clingy vs showing she's interested?

I'm known as an ice queen when it comes to showing interest in guys. Part of that is rooted in a fear of coming off as needy, but I'm trying to learn how to be more expressive when I'm interested in a guy. What would you say makes a girl clingy or desperate when you've started talking?

12

What Guys Said 2

• I think that's a fuzzy line, and some might disagree with me. But I tend to distinguish them based upon levels of need and whether or not a girl will maintain a healthy level of self respect. Needy girls act in desperation and will do whatever they must to hold on, despite themselves. A healthy interest certainly is built around an attachment. But a girl with a healthy attachment will also know there's a limit to what she can and should do based upon the nature of the relationship and the effort the guy is making. She will respect that limit and respect herself

• Honestly I like a little clingy. Makes me feel secure in my significant other's opinion of me. I may be in the minority though, but I think it's hot.

What Girls Said 1

• Initiate from time to time. Just don't do so daily. Also, don't use overly affectionate words in your texts, but it's fine to compliment the guy sometimes.