Why is my ex all of a sudden interested in talking about "us" again?

So my ex and I stopped talking officially in August of 2015. I cut him off because of some things he said, which I actually misinterpreted and found out later on. Anyways, one day he followed me back on social media and a couple months later I sent him a message asking him how he was doing. We have been good friends ever since. Now as soon as last week, he posted a picture of us on his snapchat story just sending me a shout out. I didn't read to much into it because he had done that for other friends in the past. But I thanked him and it fired up a short conversation between us. Then, on Sunday I decided to put a post of us on instagram basically just giving him a shout out and thanking him for being a great person in my life.. He then sent me a message later that day, thanking me for the post. He continued to say that I am glad the feeling of us feeling important to one another is mutual. Then he asked me what I thought about us getting together when he gets back from college and talking about "us". Now my feelings for this guy still linger and are still very much there. But I am just wondering why after all this time, he's now asking me for this?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• If you ended the relationship because of things he said that you misinterpreted, perhaps he never lost interest at all! Perhaps he's been biding his time, hoping you'd cool down, hoping he'd have a chance to explain, and hoping there was a possibility of rebuilding with you. Or perhaps he did write you off but has enjoyed remaining cordial. In any case, I'm saying that maybe "all of a sudden" isn't as all of a sudden as you think. It doesn't sound like the flame ever really went out for either one of you. Good luck! :-)

• Yeah that is a valid point. I guess I am questioning it because he has tons of girls after him as he is a very attractive guy, so I guess I am just surprised that he wants to come back to me?

• When I want someone or something, I'm not going to be distracted or look for alternatives until I know it's truly unattainable. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, okay, let's organize this, something happened he said something you got offended, but later on you found out that you misinterpreted, OKAY so he did not do anything wrong to cause the break up - CHECK

He does post pictures with you, and loves the fact that you do the same, and he has feelings for you, and it is so obvious that he does - CHECK

He wants you two to get together, if not, HE WOULD JUST NOT SAY IT, he does LOVE YOU - CHECK

Yes, he asked you now, because HE WAS IN COLLAGE, and guess what people do in collage? They study, and yes time flies by, but he thought about you the WHOLE TIME, and i think it's not too late, if i where you, i would try and meet him in person, set up a nice date, and have a long talk...
    Just do it, you have nothing to loose.. comon :P today is Valentine's day,<3

Good luck
    media.giphy.com/media/l3UcjBJUov1gCRGbS/giphy.gif</a>

What Guys Said 5

• OKAY first you need to re-learn the term out of sudden cause you get it wrong lol is re-learn even a word? any way secondly I think he wants you back and you too so start focusing on this

• I am sorry but at what point did you become my English professor? I typed this in a hurry not checking for every grammatical error I made. At what point did I say re-learn?

• lol I thought so

• Not a fan of exes even being friends let alone of getting back together. What were the things that you misinterpreted for you to break up with him? They must if been pretty bad to break up with someone.

• Rome wasn't built in a day... or so they say.

• because thats what ex's do, they try to get people back, when they're lonely

• Bad girls have good hole. He misses that tight hole.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!