Urgent: is this a good or a bad gift idea given our hazy relationship status?

I've been seeing this guy for about 3 months now, and it's been pretty great. Recently however, I casually texted him "love you" to which he responded "I really really really like you too! Sorry it just takes a while for me to warm up". This took me a little by surprise. I'm not sad that he doesn't 'love' me back, I'm just aware now that I've slightly misinterpreted his feelings for me, and am hesitant to make him feel pressured/uncomfortable by coming too strong.

We recently decided to go out for Valentine's Day, and a while back I got a bag (he randomly showed me once) to gift to him. I also painted a card and booked his favorite flowers. I'm pretty sure he's not expecting to receive anything as elaborate (I intentionally wanted to surprise him). After those texts, I'm not too sure if this is a good idea; especially the kinda-pricey bag. Part of me wants to go ahead because I know he'd like these things, but I'm also afraid this might be too overwhelming for him. I don't want to come too strong, or make him feel he owes anything to me.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this is a good idea? Please help!

10

What Girls Said 1

• probably best to give the bag on his birthday instead

What Guys Said 0