Are guys really simple and say what they mean?

Like I'm under the impression that men are fairly simple and what they say is what they mean.

there's this guy from work and whenever he tells me something, maybe a compliment or whatever I always like say its B. S. and when I see him on his phone I always tell him he's texting his hoes and he tells me he doesn't. He tells me how frustrating it is because he has to constantly tell me that he's serious and what not.

So I just wanted to know, are men really all that simple. When they say something hey mean it and they'll tell you they're kidding when they are?

226

Most Helpful Guy

• Sort of, but that's not what's going on here. He seems to lack the social awareness that you're teasing in a playful way. Doesn't make him a bad person, but many men would pick up on it.

As for whether men have secret messages in conversation, they do, without realizing it. While female conversations tend to have a subtext of 'what is the strength of our relationship/friendship/etc', male conversations tend to have a subtext about power - who is higher status, and how high status is the group in the conversation relative to others.

Most Helpful Girl

• men don't play games, they say shit like it is and don't sugar coat it so if he's saying something. you take it as a compliment and don't start with that B. S bullshit. men have no reason to lie. it's the women you gotta watch out for.

• Somebody marry this girl. she's definitely a catch. I can't cause im engaged! Quickly!

What Guys Said 25

• At 13, you are too young to be able to make any judgement on this. The fact that you work tells me you didn't give your real age. That said, some men are simple and there are women out there who like simple men. I find simple women quite boring. Each of us look for different things. Lastly, men are no different than women. Some lie and some don't.

• You aren't talking about men you're talking about boys. Don't make judgements about men as a whole based on the actions of some 13 year old boy.

I couldn't even begin to decipher this question.

• I'm actually 20, I accidentally messed up and put 13 😪

• Nevermind then. That makes more sense- coming from a thirteen year old this question struck me as really odd

It sounds like he's being direct with you. Why do you assume he's texting his hoes?

• Guys generally don't talk in cryptic messages that need deciphered unlike girls (that should really cut that shit out, it's annoying to the point I would rather just jack off). Take anything they say at face value, good or bad, unless they tell you they are joking right after.

• from work? you're 13? go to school. and no everyone is different guys and girls.

• It's entirely a matter of perspective. I think most normal people tend to be straightforward if they intend to do so. I always say what i mean, that is to say, when im not emotionally swayed. If I'm clearheaded, you'll get exactly what I'm thinking. If I'm angry, upset, or trying to impress, the lines become askew, and sometimes i say things i dont mean, or rather, wouldn't mean in a clear stste of mind. Honesty is definitely influenced by a person's overall state of mind. And i think most people would agree.

• For the most part yes, but men still joke around and lie so you can't
    assume until you actually know them

• Yes only women make treasure maps and leave hidden clues to what they really mean. Guys tell u how it is

• That's only if they are not lying. So, yes. How old is this guy? There's a HUGE difference between a boy and a man.

• Yes , we are ( mostly ) direct & straight to the point , you can exclude male politicians however on this one !!

• You should put an update stating that your 20 years old so people take it more seriously. Besides, guys are simple and straight up but they joke around. We dont bullshit

• It's really difficult to tell when I'm joking because i don't understand why people emote when they speak, so i just don't do it xD

• Not all guys. I'm like that but a lot of guys aren't

• I am if you ask me a VERY specific question.

• if you mean by saying what we mean that we are not liars then yeah, we are so simple.

• Pretty much, yes. We say it how it is and don't play mind games. Guys are not at all complicated.

• If you even associate with someone who has "hoes", then you're beyond help.

• Yeah men are simple, i mean they say what they mean and they mean what the say

• it is more common for guys to just say what they mean - but not all guys are like that.

• girls overthink when we say simple things

• Yes usually way more often than most women in general

• If a man breaks it down to a simple level for you believe him.

• I only say things with honestly and caring and not just off of the wall.

• No, all guys are different just like you are from other girls.

• When guys are telling something take it at face value.

• yes. we strive for simplicity and try to avoid drama for the most part. i hate it when women don't believe me and look for hidden meanings where the is none.

What Girls Said 1

• Saying what you mean doesn't make you 'simple', it just stops people from getting frustrated because they don't have to read into EVERYTHING you say to them.