Do women give honest/good dating advice to men?

First let me say that I will ask the same question later about men, so for now please ladies, only talk about women giving dating advise.

I used to think that women can give the best dating advise about women but now I am beginning to doubt.
Please tell why they give or do not give great dating advise to men?

• Yes, it is spot on
  • Every now and then it's okay
  • No, they often are wrong
    Vote C
  • They deliberately give me wrong advise because they want to keep the little princess image alive rather than telling the real thing
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1015

Most Helpful Girl

• Darn, I voted C but meant to vote D! I get the absolute worst advice from my female friends and occasionally even my mother. My grandma is pretty spot on though. I think a lot of girls are misinformed themselves and I don't think my friends mean to give me bad advice, they just don't know. As a result I usually trust my brother or dads advice, granny's and my cousin since she's been married for 5+ years.

• Correct me if I am wrong but I think a lot of women give advise from what they would like it to be instead of what it really is. So, I more am also a D voter.

• That sounds about right.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Women seem to either give advice to men that benefits them that doesn't work e. g. Of course we like kind guys who treat us like a queen.

or there is a clear cognitive dissociation from reality from what they actually respond to and what they think they want. The funny thing is the guy a woman thinks is an asshole is usually the guy she wants to fuck. As women get older they tend to come to realisation of this and keep that comment to themselves.

What Girls Said 9

• Different women want and like different things, just as different men want and like different things. Women who take that into account when offering advice will likely give pretty good advice. Women who assume that all women like what they like will give advice that is hit-or-miss at best.

• Well, i will be honest, it all depends on HOW OLD THEY ARE, because if a 15 year old is willing to give dating advice to a 40 year old that would end up a little funny, usually Women try to give men advice by reflecting themselves, by actually REFLECTING themselves in that situation, ON HOW THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED, but trust me, it all depends on the maturity of that Woman.

I would honestly not accept an advice of a 15 year old boy if I made a very serious question looking for advice...

• B. I think that every now and then its decent.
    I tell your ass straight up how it is. Like if a girl asks me "how can I get him to ask me out? Im like forget it, just ask him out.

If a guy asks me "why am I friendzoned?" she's probably not physically attracted to you bro, either move on or remain hurt.

It is abrasive and lots of people think im being a bitch, but its better to face it now with me than with the person you actually like and care for.

• I mean... as good as you can give without actually being there in the situation yourself or knowing the random girl's tastes I guess.

I am responsible for a few of my guy friends' relationships.

Three of them (I've helped 5 of my guy friends with the ladies) have hinted at proposing to the girl I helped them with.

I try to give good advice... but it's hard when you don't specifically know the other girl's tastes and interests.

• Speaking on my own Behalf, I am usually Spot on. How do you think I got Master and then Influencer?
    Experience Here, dear. xx

• we try and give what we think is good advice based on our own experiences and what we know of our own gender. however, there are obvious limitations.

• i think for the most part we give the best we are capable of. We know what the guy is looking for and we know how we (most of us) think. Whether its spot on every time or not remains to be seen.

• I give the best advise I can.

• Women are terrible at giving relationship advice to men

What Guys Said 14

• Most women don't know shit about how to pull women as a man. They don't even know that the word 'difficult' or 'traumatic' extends 1000 times further than the hardest thing they've ever experienced. To them, this is a just world, and women are always right, so to them it seems perfectly reasonable that if you're a niceguy, women will sleep with you.

These same women will reject exactly the same behavior that they advise.

I wish I could say that women are a useful source of dating advice, but they're next to useless. Try it though - lets see what responses you get.

The one thing that could give their advice value, is that women all think the same. And they all respond the same. They don't tell you that when you're growing up, and indeed it is an amazing discovery that I have tried exhaustively to disprove, but however different they are as people, in other areas of life, the incredible truth is this: they will all respond in Exactly the same way, to males. I've never seen such a narrow range of responses in any other demographic, as women responding to single men. It's so predictable I would gamble with very large ammounts on the outcome. But that also means it's genetic, and thus not the best reflection of the individual woman's personality.

• Woman do (for the most part) typically give bad dating advice. You may find a woman telling a guy to express your feelings to someone else if he likes a girl, but those feelings can only be reciprocated if the girl already likes the guy back. This will not work in most cases, since the guy is still not sure whether or not the girl likes the guy back. Women's dating advice is never recommended, because they have no experience on how to pick up other heterosexual women. Therefore, what they say is based off of what they feel should work instead of what actually works. We aren't in a fairy tale, so fairytales are not fit for the real world. Dating advice works for those who already know what they're doing, and already know what to do in a given situation. Most of the time, this type of advice is given by experienced or logic-driven men.

• I think you are better off observing their actions and looking at the characteristics of the guys they sleep with. That generally provides a better indication of what they like.

Alternatively, you get advice from a guy who is successful with women.

• The more I learned about women and what they want over the years the more I realised that women don't quite know what they want themselves.

Aka they give pretty bad advice, because they might be on the wrong track but shortly before reaching the finish they go miles off rail.

• I voted B. Here and there the advice is good from a woman, about dating women.

This advice is best when IN the relationship, when disputes occur and a guy needs help to understand a woman's point of view.

This advice is the worst, when it comes to initially attracting a woman or how to seek casual hookups. in my opinion it is because for a woman, telling how she likes to be hunted and manipulated into attraction is uncomfortable, so she ends up giving cliche answers ("be yourself", "be confident", etc.) instead of deep details about how men have attracted her.

• no i think the advice they usually give just sounds nice its not realistic advice. the things they say usually just encourages guys to give more attention its not like practical getting laid advice for guys. they don't want guys to know that so easily lo thats like a casino teaching people how to win at their tables haha. girls always say they want a nice guy but in reality its usually not who they date. Their actions are usually different than their words when it comes to dating.

• No not really

• Definitely not on here. Most women on not honest at all on here.

• they could do a good job as a wing girl and making introductions but there dating advice is based on what they want not what a guy has tried with multiple women that worked guys have more experience dating women than women do.

• I'm sure they mean well but if you're a guy who needs dating advice from girls you might as well give up the whole idea.

• Never ask a woman for dating advice. Sex and clothing advice yes.

• For the most part getting honest advice out of a woman is like pulling teeth! For the most part they are either unsure/uninformed themselves, or seem to be trolling and deliberately giving bad advice, or just what they think the guy wants to hear.

Sometimes I thinks its a "girl power" thing, and some just always take the woman's side especially in a fight or infidelity of either one. (ie., the man cheats he is a selfish pig, the woman cheats it's the "neglectful" man who "drove" her to cheat... bullshit!).

That's also how you get skewed advice like "just let her win" "she is always right" and "happy wife happy life." which of course all fail to take into account that men have needs as well, and often it's women who are at fault.

This is not just from this site but women in my personal life as well. Once in awhile you get some good advice but those instances are few and far between.

• I'm happy people are realizing this.