Is it lame that I'm about to go buy myself flowers?

And then post on social media to make the guy I'm talking to know that he's not the only guy who wants me so he will treat me better. So I guess to see if he gets jealous

Most Helpful Guy

• Strictly from a relationship coaching perspective, I wouldn't go so harsh as to call it lame. I would say that it's reaching and may not have the outcome you're looking for. When we find ourselves inventing scenarios to get other people to treat us better, we are essentially admitting two things. One, we are not confident enough in ourselves to approach the real issue (their mistreatment) head on. Two, even if they treat us better in the moment out of some jealousy for "someone else" giving us flowers, it is VERY likely that they will revert back to their natural mistreating ways.

Don't avoid the discussion (or action) that needs to occur. You need to have a heart to heart with him about how he's treating you and how it makes you feel. If it continues, you need to leave. We teach people how to treat us by virtue of what we expect (good treatment) and what we accept (poor treatment).

What Guys Said 8

• yeah that's a waste of money

• Female logic lmao

• lol I think it's pretty good logic

• I did ask him and he didn't say anything and I know that I shouldn't care and walk away and I known from the beginning that he wasn't good for me. I just wish I could stop thinking about him and I do value me but you're right I'm not right now

• Lol just relax man. Walk away. We all get burned in some way or another. I've had women burn me in the past. Fuck, I was cheated on while I was in the Marine Corps. Doesn't get much lower than that. I've also had women practically worship the ground I stand on. One thing I've learned is that it's best just to walk away from the people who don't value you. It's much more fun to be with people who are down as fuck for you. By doing what you're doing, you are practically committing confidence suicide. Your confidence is dependent on this dude who could give two fucks about you. Sounds cheesy, but you should know that you are better than that. Leave the dude. Brush off your shoulders. go find someone who is down as fuck for you.

• It's not lame to buy flowers for yourself... but to do it to make someone else jealous.. that is a new level of lameness. People treat you how you allow them to. You cannot change anyone else, only yourself.

• yeah

• Your reason behind it is so pathetic.

• the reasoning as to why kind of is to be honest, yeah

• Not at all:) In Christmas I used to but myself gifts haha

• the reasoning is pretty lame. flowers, pretty cool

What Girls Said 13

• Yes, I'm sorry but that is very sad. That's high school mind game bullshit. Don't be that girl. Just find a guy that'll actually treat you well instead of forcing him into it with the false threat of someone else being interested. Maybe actually get with a dude who'll do what you need and make the dude regret not doing so in the first place. Drives home a better message in my opinion.

• Well, getting yourself flowers isn't lame, but doing it because you want someone else to see it is lame. Also, it might just backfire on you, the guy might look and think, ohhh, she's not interested in me, guess i need to find new game.

• There's nothing wrong with buying yourself flowers. The whole trying to make him jealous by making it look like another guy bought you flowers is kind of childish. If you don't like the way he's treating you - just tell him.

• We haven't really been talking I just want it to seem like I have options and that I'm moving on

• Ok thank you. You're so right

• I really hope things work out between you guys. And girl, if you want flowers go buy yourself some flowers! (Just don't do it to make him jealous)

• Buying yourself flowers is fine. Posting about it to play games and make him jealous is pathetic.

• Lol slightly lame but if nobody knows who cares

• If it makes you feel good, do it! Don't expect any big change from him but you do what works for you.

• Lol it's actually a well known fact that 15% of women actually purchase a valentines day gift for themselves so fuck it buy the flowers and enjoy them

• Lmaooo for self love and for giving zero fucks about being single, yeah but for a guy to be jelly... nahh

• Not lame but stupid

• At least you get flowers out of it

• Lol right all I want is flowers

• Lmfao kinda pathetic

• immature af.

• lol that is pathetic. just tell him you like him and want to be treated better.

• I don't know how hit this low in my life where I want to buy my own flowers lol

• get another guy to buy you flowers :P