How should the bill be covered on a date? Split check, guy pay, or girl pay?

• Guy should always pay
  • Should always split the check
  • Girl should pay sometimes
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2120

Most Helpful Guy

• 1|2
    • @tarvold finally someone else posted this! Thanks lol

• @tarvold not only that he asked the girl how many sexual evaluations have you performed? as if he is automatically right because of his profession... prick! LOL

• Ah, this video reminds me of why I'll never date American women again. Been there, tried that, never again. I feel sorry for you American guys that you have to put up with this entitlement. lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Split the check or take turns paying, at least most of the time. It's only fair. But if once in a while one of you wants to say "I'll get this one" that's perfectly fine.

That said, this does depend a little bit on each of your financial situations. If one of you is successful financially and the other is a struggling student, then that may have an impact on what makes sense for your relationship. But this is something you'll have to figure out as you go.

What Guys Said 19

• Girls should pay for the next 10 years than we can go back to guys paying. Besides it's already been over 10,000 years or more that we have to pick up after you chicas

• You and your lady need to discuss this and come to an agreement. You should pay for the first date though.

• I prefer to pay on the first date. After that, either split or take turns.

• Split, if you agree to go on a date you agree to pay your own way.

- If paying isn't worth it then you should be saying No to the date.
    - If you can't afford it you should be going on a date that doesn't cost money.

• The 'should always split' people are setting themselves up for failure. In many ways.

So quit making a big deal about this and just share based on what you want - the two of you, as you get to know each other. One pay one time, another the other - not trying to split everything - that's just silly.

Dating is getting to know someone and deciding if they are somebody worth GIVING to - love is about GIVING not GETTING. If you're not ready for that then you're not ready for a relationship.

• Whoever did the asking or split

• I'll pay, i would feel bad if i didn't.

• I'd prefer to always pay.

• I feel that the check should be split or they should take turns paying (guy pays for first, girl pays for second and so on). It has got nothing to do with money. It's the lack of gesture that is a huge turn off.

• Just fuck prior to the date. The person that comes first pays.

• Depends if the guy think or like the girl he should pay if he dont like the girl or think he will not have a future with the girl he probably split the bill.

• whoever did the asking pays for the first date, go dutch any date after

• The one who initiates the date.

• I pay, I don't want to get dumped.

• Most of my first dates the girl paid.

• I pay.

• Hey it's the age of feminism. Let her pay.

• Personally, the guy should always pay for whatever. even if its not a date and your just hanging around with your friends that are girls, be chivalrous and pay. Maybe its just the way that I've been brought up but still, it is a kind gesture. On the other hand, if a girl insists on paying, you don't want to piss her off so just let them have their turn at being generous and being independent.

• A real woman always pays. It's not about the money but it's a nice romantic gesture and shows they care about the guy and that they are ladies. If a girl makes me pay my share that will be the last date and I'm NOT going out with her again.

What Girls Said 20

• I say you should go into any date expecting to split the bill. And then, if either would like to treat the other, it's a pleasant surprise and not an expectation.

• I remember seeing opinions from you from a couple of years ago where you said that guys should pay. What changed?

• @notreallythere I think I've just become more progressive in general. I was raised by a very conservative family and I think I've just slowly learned that times are changing. I used to believe that men had to pay every first date, that sex before marriage was wrong, that men had to be the providers in the family, and that abortion should be made illegal. I've changed my mind on all those things and more.

• It's very rare to see this to be honest. Most people will never once in their whole life question their own beliefs. So kudos to you! :)

• I think that most of the time, the bill should be split between the two and each should pay for what they bought. Sometimes it's fine to have one person pay the whole amount and the other pay the next time.

• depends.

first date: split (though, if things are going well, the person who did the asking should offer to pay).

couple in an exclusive relationship: guy/girl take turns paying.

i always pay for myself until we are exclusive.

• i always offer to pay or split... i guess now that i think about it, im really lucky in that my friends and the guys I've hung out with were always fucking upstanding people cuz compared to some of the people on gag... eesh.

• because all the guys I've gone out with and the people i hang out with also offer to pay and sometimes they even let me split, which is what id prefer in the first place. splitting is the best case scenario

• I pay for me and me only!

• Either one or the other, typically who asked for the date but never split it. That's for platonic friends.

• I voted split the check, unless the dinner itself is a gift then whoever planned it as a gift should pay for it in my opinion. Like if I take you out for dinner on birthday, I'll pay.

• i'm all about splitting checks after we've been dating. if you asked me out i expect you to pay. once we are together i'm all about being equal

• I agree, every time a girl asked me out on a first date she paid and insisted and not just for the first date. Being equal is for later in the relationship.

• If I ask to go out, I pay. If he asks, he goes out. And no, I didnr only go out when asked when I was single!

• To make it fair, I would split the check

• Dine n dash and then bond over that.

• should be splited

• I will always split the check unless the guy insists.

• Each pays their own part, especially if the price difference between the items is too big.

• The guy should always pay. If he doesn't he isn't a true gentleman and I probably won't pursue that relationship.

• I will always pay for myself. I don't like taking things from people.

• I want the man to pay (at least the first date) because it show me he really like me and aren't a serial dating.
    All the men I know who don't pay for the date is because they date too much and can't afford it.

• Men, how is that even a question? lol

• Guys should always pay regardless of who asked whom and who has more money. It's chivalry.

• I've been in two relationships and the guy always paid. So I say guys should pay.