Paying for dates?

So im an 18 year old girl and this really bugging me. I dont have a boyfriend yet lol but this stuff makes me embrassed to have one. For example

if you and your guy shop for the day out and want to get something to eat who pays? I would rather split the bill as i like to be indpendant. It makes me feel embarassed if they pay for the whole thing.

same with other dates like cinema etc i would rather pay my own way. Im just really shy like that it embarassed me a lot.

do use mind if splitting the bill was an option?
or how can i not care so much about it

Like im not a person who likes receiving stuff from somebody your in a relationship with, family and friends are ok but boyfriends are different for me anyway

65

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't believe how much this topic is debated. Most guys don't have an issue with splitting. I think it should be. Especially in the beginning. But the main thing is just to tell the guy you're dating your beliefs and what you want. There's absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my case we divide the expenses. for example: when we go to the cinema, I pay tickets and he pays food.

What Guys Said 4

• Ideally both would split unless agreed upon otherwise. I think I have the same problem as you do - even though the girl I went on the last date said she would pay, I none the less insisted on it. It fel uncomfortable to let her do it even though I wanted to let her.

• This is what I don't get. She wanted to pay. You wanted her to pay. Yet you still insisted, why? :'( I hate it when men do that to the point I would not consider having a second date with him, I feel disrespected.

• haha... did your last date at least fight you for the bill or did she just go "yeah okay"?

and what happened with her, you guys still dating?

• @jessica5d well she didn't "fight" per se, just re-asked if I really wanted to pay.

And nah, we're not, went apart. She didn't want to continue anymore but could exactly explain why.

• I personally think it is good for the guy to pay. Just don't order the most expensive thing on the menu! If this makes you feel uncomfortable, don't let it unless you know each other really well and he doesn't have a lot of money. But be prepared to split if need be.

• Just buy your shit and he buys his. You may not even eat at the same food stands in malls

• For me it's either whoever wanted to go to that place pays, or you split it.

What Girls Said 5

• Back in the day when I did have a boyfriend, we always split the bill and we were both perfectly fine with it. I think it can be something pretty normal and natural to do, no need to feel embarrassed about it :)

• Thanks its just fair i dont know there's girls my age who are so confident when their guy pays for everythinh i feel so awkward and embrassed😥

• With my ex he only paid for everything when he was the one who invited me out for something more expensive than usual. It's all fair, don't worry!

• Yeah just say at the table, "hey let's split the bill" that's what I say to my boyfriend

• If he proposes let him and the next time you'll pay. No need to panic

• I feel like that still and I've been with my guy 14 years. It's okay. Take turns :)

• i prefer splitting