Do you consider it a red flag if the person you like doesn't have any social media accounts?

if so why?

159

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a red flag at all. I refuse to do Facebook, Instagram, or anything like it. I like gag, because it's sharing opinions, not here for pics of what you ate for lunch, your new whatever the hell you just bought, or status update.

Similarly, I do not like or agree to participate in how superficial most social media is. I don't want to know what your new carpet looks like. I want to know what your biggest fear is. I hate how edited, piecemeal, people pleasing it all is. I think if you can stand back from it for just a min, it becomes clear just how shallow it is.

I don't like that people are obsessed with checking it, competing on it, and missing what's right in front of their faces and actually real for the sake of notifications about the latest 9 billion things people took a pic of in the last hour. Have you noticed how shallow it all is? People have 900 friends, but only about 10-20 who really are interested at all. When did we lose the ability to value depth with those 10-20 in favor of a superficial list of 900?

When is the last time people just stood and watched a sunset with someone? Watch it, watch the persons face, listen to them describe it, listen to what laughing sounds like when it's shared. We are missing life by editing it into bite size artificially filtered and processed pieces. I want to actually swim in the ocean, not sit on the side and try to get the right angle so I can show it to 500 people in hopes of getting on average, 5-20 who go "ok. Cool." I don't care if nobody knows I went for a swim. I did, and I loved it.

No thank you. I'd like to enjoy what's mine, and wish you the best enjoying yours. I'm keeping mine for me, and for the love of all things real, please keep some of yours for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Why would the lack of social media accounts sway me away from dating a woman? If anything, it's better that she doesn't because she prefers in person interaction. And so do I - when I can.

What Girls Said 14

• Of course not. Some people are private and prefer to be contact with people in real life, not online. They may not have wifi or data on their mobile. So can't access the internet

I have FB , but it's only to keep in contact with people who've moved away. I chat to close friends and family via whatsapp mostly

Using social media doesn't mean someone's trustworthy or genuine , and someone who doesn't, isn't necessarily untrustworthy or insincere. It's not something I look for in a guy. As long as we can text each other, and call each other on the phone.. then everything's good 😊

• Its GREEN GREEN GREEN!! Finally someone else whos not into social media #ImNotAlone
    Yet it sucks because then we actually have to ask in person if eachothers single rather than stalk a social media status 😂😂😂 Dammit

• No. I actually find these people to be more interesting.

• Red flag? More like green light.

Implying of course he isn't lying.

• Not at all! If anything that's my preference!!! Gag is the only social media I have. I prefer to have someone that likes to keep their life private.

• Kind of, but at the same time, I guess it gives you more to talk about and get to know about each other instead of just learning everything off their social media. It is kind of weird though.

• Nope, I don't have social media.

• no it is fine he doesn't have to

• Not really I don't have many myself its just not a need or want to post all ab me all the time I'd just look at other things/ppl

• Not at all. I like people who are not into social media. I have facebook because of my class group, for example.

• Nope not at all

• No, so long as there is still a way of reaching out to the person (i. e., by phone). I think people without social media actually tend to focus more on what is surrounding them, which is a great trait.

• No..

• I remember once a guy showed interest, and me talking to myself wasn't a dealbreaker, but not being on social media was, go figure?

What Guys Said 8

• This is the only social media I have. I haven't had Facebook for 6 years now. I'm so much happier for it. I just call people more often

• Thats even better, shows she not some social media whore...

• No. ..

• No, that's actually a plus for me.

• Not at all.

• No. That'd be great

• Nope

• Not really. There are variables. For one, social media is social and its online. Not everyone is comfortable posting their personal information online, for the whole world to see. People may not really be not really be into social media, either because they are not that social or not social online, but are social offline or really not be much into using the internet much. Also, they may use the internet a lot, but social media sites doesn't catch their eye. Also, one other big variable and its a big one, internet is not like it was a decade ago, where almost all of the users on the internet, were on from their computer or laptops. Not, many are on from the cell phone now and have no access to internet on a computer. That being said, a lot either don't have smart phones or do and haven't figured out how to use the internet much, except to do basic browsing. Its far far simpler to use internet from a computer or laptop than a phone. Internet from laptop or computer still rules.