How close do you need to live to the person you're dating?

How far is too far? How much time would you be willing to commute to see them?

2|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Distance is not the issue. Money is. If you have a private jet he can be anywhere. Might cost you thousands to see him but you get the idea

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you've never met them in person, it's not going to last. LDR can works for a few years if you already had a strong relationship before the distance. Others may be different, but I need to be able to spend at least 5 consecutive hours with them, per week. So living 2-4 hours apart probably wouldn't be too demanding on sleep and funds for gas.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• An hour by car... MAX!! for petes sake, my cousins are literally 4 blocks away and i dont go see them. luckily... my fb is within walking distance :)

0|0
    0|0
  • More than 20-25 miles and it might be a problem for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as I can see them and they're willing to see me that's fine.
    I think the last girl interested in me met me in person once by accident and then ended up breaking everything off.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1-2 hours or gtfo

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think anyone outside of the United States would be too far

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated one hour away and she cheated on me. I prefer closer now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Must be within 30mins.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• I live like 7 minutes away from my boyfriend and it's great. Honestly I'd have a hard time if he lived an hour away. Would probably be a dealbreaker if he lived several hours away.

0|0
    0|0
  • We HAVE to live in the same city. Like i need to know that if we were to invite the other over, we could just come *snaps finger* just like that. Basically live no more than 30 mins apart

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty close. I would rather live close enough where they are in walking distance, but the farthest is like 30 minutes. I can take more than that, but I'd rather not.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the same town, I did date someone out of town once and it was annoying and cost a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • my boyfriend and I dont even live in the same state

0|0
    0|0
  • distance doesn't matter for me

0|0
    0|0
    • For some guys I believe it is a key ion their relationship evne if they love and care and like the person a lot. I once met a guy that he complained about commuting to my city (as I did not have a car) and he was just like 45 minutes maybe 1 hr driving hours depending on the traffic to his city to where I live

• @kitty71 yeah it is important for some

• Before we moved in together it was about an hour and a half away and I had no problem with it. Totally worth it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh I only live a short 15 hours flight away from my s. o right now. We make it work by constant communication and our personalities. We're both introverted and not highly sexual so we can stand the distance for a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • The farthest I've lived from a boyfriend is in India (I'm in America)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well where I'm from it takes an hour to go from the south to the very north if using a car, much more by bus. So I'd say up to an hour by car in rush hour.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same city is ideal. Long distance is not for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 hour by car maximum... So we can see each other often. More than this... it wouldn't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been in a ldr and he lived 8 hours away lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my boyfriend live between 19 and 42 miles apart due to me travelling to study. Time distance or physical distance doesn't matter - trust is the most important thing!

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone lives more than 45 minutes away from me, I would probably be disinclined to want to get together too much

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;