How close do you need to live to the person you're dating?

How far is too far? How much time would you be willing to commute to see them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Distance is not the issue. Money is. If you have a private jet he can be anywhere. Might cost you thousands to see him but you get the idea

Most Helpful Girl

• If you've never met them in person, it's not going to last. LDR can works for a few years if you already had a strong relationship before the distance. Others may be different, but I need to be able to spend at least 5 consecutive hours with them, per week. So living 2-4 hours apart probably wouldn't be too demanding on sleep and funds for gas.

What Guys Said 7

• An hour by car... MAX!! for petes sake, my cousins are literally 4 blocks away and i dont go see them. luckily... my fb is within walking distance :)

• More than 20-25 miles and it might be a problem for me.

• As long as I can see them and they're willing to see me that's fine.
    I think the last girl interested in me met me in person once by accident and then ended up breaking everything off.

• 1-2 hours or gtfo

• I would think anyone outside of the United States would be too far

• I dated one hour away and she cheated on me. I prefer closer now.

• Must be within 30mins.

What Girls Said 15

• I live like 7 minutes away from my boyfriend and it's great. Honestly I'd have a hard time if he lived an hour away. Would probably be a dealbreaker if he lived several hours away.

• We HAVE to live in the same city. Like i need to know that if we were to invite the other over, we could just come *snaps finger* just like that. Basically live no more than 30 mins apart

• Pretty close. I would rather live close enough where they are in walking distance, but the farthest is like 30 minutes. I can take more than that, but I'd rather not.

• In the same town, I did date someone out of town once and it was annoying and cost a lot

• my boyfriend and I dont even live in the same state

• distance doesn't matter for me

• For some guys I believe it is a key ion their relationship evne if they love and care and like the person a lot. I once met a guy that he complained about commuting to my city (as I did not have a car) and he was just like 45 minutes maybe 1 hr driving hours depending on the traffic to his city to where I live

• @kitty71 yeah it is important for some

• Before we moved in together it was about an hour and a half away and I had no problem with it. Totally worth it!

• Oh I only live a short 15 hours flight away from my s. o right now. We make it work by constant communication and our personalities. We're both introverted and not highly sexual so we can stand the distance for a while.

• The farthest I've lived from a boyfriend is in India (I'm in America)

• Well where I'm from it takes an hour to go from the south to the very north if using a car, much more by bus. So I'd say up to an hour by car in rush hour.

• Same city is ideal. Long distance is not for me.

• 1 hour by car maximum... So we can see each other often. More than this... it wouldn't work.

• I've been in a ldr and he lived 8 hours away lol

• Me and my boyfriend live between 19 and 42 miles apart due to me travelling to study. Time distance or physical distance doesn't matter - trust is the most important thing!

• If someone lives more than 45 minutes away from me, I would probably be disinclined to want to get together too much