Would you prefer to date someone who is a lot like you or very different than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well id rather they had titts so not exactly like me no.

I want them to have the same down to earth views on sex and appetite , like my self i don't want them to be some one that nags pepole. You can guide pepole significantly but you have to make it seem like there idea or lead by example it will just irritate pepole otherwise. Something a lot of women don't seem to have picked up.

How ever I do think different but complementary wants and needs are better than both having the same wants and needs.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's good to have a balance. I'll use my boyfriend and I as an example:

I'm white, grew up in Washington state in Spokane and Seattle, am into fancyish things like brie cheese and cafe mistos, into makeup, not close with my parents, grew up strong in academic subjects like math, and want to be a lawyer.

Meanwhile, my boyfriend is full blooded Native American from New Mexico, is a simple country guy, favorite dessert is a vanilla ice cream cone from Dairy Queen, grew up weak in academics but really into film, and is a mama's boy.

When we go into nice restaurants, I order for him because he thinks I understand the menu better. In New Mexico, he orders for me because we both know he understands the menu better and will help me not get anything spicy.

While we are extremely different in that sense, we also have a lot in common. We both like to have discussions about philosophy, books, movies, the meaning of life, etc. We are both extremely romantic and do homemade gifts for each other. We are both goofy as hell and are always laughing at dumb jokes. We have the same family values and want to adopt a child. We believe in universal healthcare but don't support abortion. There's a bunch more, but, most importantly- we LOVE coffee.

I think having a lot of differences creates an interesting relationship. However, certain things like family values, and other "deal breakers" you have are important.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes and no.

I like girls who aren't like me in the surface, but are like me on the inside.

I realize that sounds a bit cliche so lemme give you an example. I can confidently say that, while it may not seem like it, I can be a bit of a psychopath. My temper is pretty bad and when I lose my temper, all compassion and care for the consequences go out the window. I met a girl way back who seemed at first to be your very sweet, very sheltered and gentle young woman. I liked her well enough so I decided to try things out. Then she started admitting to me that she's a little crazy in much the same way as I described myself. She told me about how a guy touched her inappropriately once and she gave him a head injury. Another time, she told me that she punched a wall hard because she was pissed off at some people at her basketball game.

She expected me to be scared away. In reality, I couldn't think much else other than "that's my girl."

• A female version of myself would be ideal. :-)
    When asked if she prefers a weapon to use a clip or a magazine. . . and her answer is 'belt fed', that is a good indication that she might be a keeper.
    If she can goose step, that is a bonus point.

• I would say the more they are like me, the better. However, I am open to them being somewhat different. In fact, I prefer something about them to be different.

• I'm not saying that I am hot, but one thing that is certain is the fact that I'd dump any hot chick that has a bad personality. Looks are a contributing factor, but if you like someone's personality more than looks on some other guy and kinda have a crush on him, then I'd go for the guy's personality if I were you.

• That's a good question. Usually my dates been girls who are not like me, some strange others with a good stand but none of the complete opposite. Maybe there had to be part of me reflected in the partner for me to even feel attraction to.

• A lot like me please!

• It makes no difference to me as long as she got a pleasant personality is what matters to me.

• I am not too sure actually, preferably similar traits and likes/dislikes, but not 100% me.

• I don't know..

• A mixture of both or more like me. To different sucks tried it before.

• I don't date as I'm aromantic.

• who would know something else unknown to u, which u also would come to like too

• No, never works out.

• mostly the same, few differences

What Girls Said 15

• Alike...

• a lot like me in terms of moral compass, religion, loyalty etc. But if this person was not as outgoing as me, or didn't like the same hobbies as me- that wouldn't bother me.

• For starters, I'd still like a guy who was opposite from all this (in which i kinda do lol), but Preferably darn near close to me. It helps if we're both goofy, both want marriage/kids, both the same age, and both hard workers.

• I prefer someone who's in between. I like it when we're different and we can teach eachother new things. But I also like it when we're able to agree on things and share the same views.

• Not a lot like me but I like to have some similar interests

• I am over 60 -- if you want a long term relationship, I have found the more you have in common, the better. It helps get you through the bad times...

• depends on the aspects

in some aspects similar to me, in others not

but in most of the aspects similar to me

• similar, so that we'll have a lot to talk about, and hopefully have similar values as well. Different would just cause too much conflict.

• I prefer to be a guy who has similar qualities , morals and values as myself.

• both are okay

• A bit of both, it's good to have some similarities, but some differences are good too! For example, my boyfriend and I both love playing Xbox, but we have different opinions on style and fashion😊

• Somewhere in between

• Probably similar in some ways. Just not every way

• I don't even think if I could date someone like me... I can't stand someone the total opposite of me

• I think I would prefer someone who's very different