If your partner keeps telling you "shut the f*ck up" during a fight, after you repeatedly tell them you don't like them saying it, what would you do?

• Swear back at them, and be on their level
    60%(3)42%(5)Vote29%(2)
  • Break up with them, too much disrespect
    40%(2)58%(7)Vote71%(5)
  • It wouldn't bother me, if my partner talks to me like that
    0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Guy

• Never pass up the opportunity to just STFU. Seriously. Blabbing it isn't fixing anything. Trust me on this.

If you can't discuss issues and differences in a constructive way then table it and come back to it later. You may have to do this several times, and you may never agree or reach a resolution. You have to decide if it's important enough to kill the relationship on. Usually it's not.

• If someone tells you to shut the f*ck up, I should just shut up? I mean I agree with you in terms of being quiet and not saying anything. It is just the tone, swearing and disrespect that comes with it, you know?
      If he said, be quiet please, or please stop talking- i'd have no issues.

• We have been living together for 2 years. He hasn't been working for a few months now, and doesn't have money to move out of my place that I own and that him and I both live in...
      Honestly, its just a disaster. Every night we get into a fight and he tells me the same thing.

• And now you know why shacking up is such a bad idea. DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE.

And a perfect example of the woman being the lead in the relationship - which is backwards. HE is the one that should be providing, the successful one, the one making it happen. Is this really what you want for the rest of your days?
      Tell him to GTFO. And don't take in any more stray cats.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just get up and leave. He can talk to me when he calms down.

What Guys Said 3

• Probably break up. That said, the other two options are terrible.

If the goal is not to break up, then best to calm down and leave that person alone for a while instead of escalating things.

You can talk again later.

• I agree, that the other 2 options are terrible.
      I have no issues with being quiet and calming down. Its just when someone swears, or speaks to another person in such a tone as "shut the f*ck up" i am not ok...
      there is a difference between that and saying "please be quiet"

• I see. It sounds like he has some serious issues to work out himself. I'm somewhat tempted to suggest kicking him out for the sake of both of you if it's your place. He might need that kind of real kick in the ass to get his life back in order. It's a risky move though, there is a chance he'll never come back.

• Very true. But we fight too much, if he doesn't come back then it's his loss. I will give him a bit more time, and after that if he doesn't come together, i will have to kick him out

• talk to him about it when you are not in a fight

• I'd just leave for a while... give up.

What Girls Said 1

• You are exaggerating