How long is too long to wait for a guy to make up his mind?

First of all the male species mentality is just as complex as the females! I always assumed that guys, being the logical one of the two - had somewhat of an idea as to what they want, because they generally say what they want. There is no confusion, no second guessing, they say what they mean with no hidden agenda's or subliminal messages to contort the situation at hand. Females have always been the ones to hash out those kinds of mental annoyances, but I digress. I've been seeing this guy casually for 6 months - we started out as friends, he's come over to my place to play house with me for a couple of days, I've met his dad, his co-workers, he's met my co-workers, but no my family. The last time I took any man home to meet mom and dad, was 13 years ago.

I've dated 3 guys since then, two were fun, one I thought was the one. He broke my heart and I've not been the same since. I've been single for over a year now, dating requires a lot of work, with me having to open myself up. So this new guy I'm seeing, we went to high school together, we didn't date in high school, but I liked him. Surprisingly he has turned into a great friend, a great companion, and a great lover. At this point neither one of us has any real time to dedicate to a real relationship, even though we hang out a couple times a week and talk every other day. He has brought me soup when I am sick, he spent valentines day with me, we have this rule, neither one of us, sleeps with anyone else, but yet he gets upset at the mention of me going on a date with another guy. There is no title, and there was never a rule that I couldn't go out on dates. I am getting at that age where I do want a commitment, and I see a future with him. We communicate beautifully, for the most part, but why get upset over something you haven't committed yourself to.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Why don't you ask him? Do you really need the title? If everything is so great why are you complaining?

• Maybe he thinks he will lose you to someone else?

What Girls Said 1

• Well, if he doesn't want you to date other guys and he isn't dating any other girls, it's pretty much a relationship. Why don't you ask him if he wants to be totally exclusive since he seems upset at the idea of you seeing anyone else?