Guys, Does a bad personality take away from looks?

If she is very attractive, would that make her unappealing and cause her personality to be written all over her face.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on if the guy is good or not. a guy who just wants sex doesn't ever like the girl. - he just likes ANY female that looks good. as far as he's concerned he's having sex with a body not a person. for those guys, they really don't care about personality because they really don't care about her as a person.

a good guy who wants to actually have a relationship is different. these are the types of guys that most girls eventually want a relationship with. these are the ones who actually care about the girl as a person and therefore care about her personality. I've seen a handful of girls recently who I'm glad I didn't date. when I first saw them they were gorgeous and held good conversation, a few similar interests etc. but as I got to know them more, I found out things about their personality that has literally made those particular girls unattractive to me. one of them I did date for a bit before learning more about her personality. It's too bad she wasn't a great person bc she is simply gorgeous. but nonetheless I wouldn't date her again specifically for that reason alone.
    I don't just fall in-lust with looks, I fall in-like or in-love with the PERSON as a whole. guys like this will stay with their girl even when they have plenty of options. if you get your man (who already likes your looks) to fall in love with your personality, you're set. bc no matter where he goes, beautiful women are everywhere, but there is only ONE you. 👍

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• For a guy just looking for sex, he probably won't care about her personality. If she's hot, he'll want to fuck her, and since that's all he's after, her personality won't matter much.

For a guy looking for a girlfriend, her personality is a big piece of the puzzle, and a bad personality will make her much less attractive (unless he's an idiot, and those do exist).

0|2
    0|0
  • From a relationship coaching lens, the majority of men will not allow looks to trump personality. I did a focus group a few months ago and this was one of the questions. Only 11% of men said that they cared about looks more than personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay I once seen this Gorgeous woman in the work place while doing security. She was literally Dascha Polanco non-twin-fake-sister in my eyes ( i reached a lil) . So one day she approached me and maaaannnnnn i tell you, her walk could control a man's blood flow. Oddly i lost more circulation in my legs than i thought. So in the process of keeping composure while my blood is being pulled to a muscle without bone..." she brings me a lost phone"
    Not only was i little thrown off buy her being Hispanic ( wasn't sure till days earlier) .
    GETTING TO MY POINT. so she told me she found a phone and how she was speaking was the unnatural mixed attitude of a barbie/ valley girl talk escaping her mouth. How do you say "like" ten times in a sentence... HOW? plus it felt belittling when asking who security was... -__- i had a "security" badge and she seen me everyday for 5months. so i got her name and handle the phone sit-chi-ation. Honestly i was beyond turned of by her speaking and attitude.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes and no. it depends on the persons need or want in another person. every human is different when it comes to who they would prefer to have relations with. badass's going for innocent and reverse, badass for a badass, innocent for an innocent. I would need a more specific question if I am able to answer accurately.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

0|0
    0|0
  • If your personality is bad, (dishonest, contentious, entitled, vindictive) then your looks can only work against you. It's not even that they don't count FOR you, they actively count against you if people associate your good looks with your shit personality.

You also damage the reputation of other good looking people, because they already have the reputation for being weak and arrogant. So you're fucking over everybody and everything when you decide to be a worthless, entitled piece of shit and a nasty, horrible cunt to everybody. Not just your own life.

0|0
    0|0
    • I never associated vindictiveness as a bad trait

• Show All
    • I'm a very kind hearted person with a good attitude. Only when someone betrays my trust and affection, I get vindictive.

• That's not vindictive, vindictive is more about being petty. You FIND things to be offended by so that you can punish somebody, that's vindictive.

Plenty of guys out there who won't betray you, by the way. Maybe if you changed your standards, you wouldn't filter so many out, and you wouldn't leave yourself with a small pool of really bad options like I see basically ALL women doing, pretty much.

Most women end up alone, betrayed, and bitter, hating "all men," even though they would never date like 80% of guys. Food for thought.

• Depends on the personality, if she's mean/selfish/controlling/bipolar, it's a deal breaker. If she's just goofy then that's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • to an extent, mhmm

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't make her less sexually appealing, but it does detract from my emotional attraction to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, yes!!! If a woman had a HORRIBLE personality yet she's physically attractive, it wouldn't matter if she's a 10. She's not getting with me. You could be the most beautiful, sexiest woman on the planet. But if you have the bitchiest attitude, then you're nothing to me. Some (maybe most) would overlook the attitude and still be with her. But not me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad attitude makes a girl look ugly n just not want to be with her... it's understandable in certain situations that an attitude is required... I wouldn't want to be with who has a bad attitude a lot of the time... it's really not good for anyone to have !

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. She could be 11/10 in looks but undesirable because you can't stand being in her company.

0|0
    0|0
  • I might still consider her for a sexual encounter or arrangement, depending how bad a personality were talking about here, but not a single chance for a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • If her personality sucks, then yeah, she may be hot, but she'll lose attraction points.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean no one wants to date a girl who's a complete bitch or annoying. Honestly looks aren't as important to me personally. I've hung out with attractive girls who wanted to get with me but I couldn't really connect with them. Right now I'm crushing pretty hard on a girl who's honestly like a 6 maybe 7 but I really like her personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm going to be honest with you, me personally it would make her unattractive to me, however there are dudes out there who will put up with it just because she's attractive to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can show me the most beautiful woman in the world, if she is a dumb bitch, I wouldn't touch her with a 10 feet pole.

0|1
    0|0
  • friend told me her sister was a bitch which... she really was a bitch so am now dating the younger sister. i didn't waste my time wjth bitchs

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't make her any less physically attractive, but it would make her less attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • YES!!! i'll take a chill/sweet 6 over a bitchy 10 ANY day

0|1
    0|0
  • Captain Boomerang: [yelling] Why is it always a knife fight every single time you open your mouth? You know, outside you're amazing. But inside, you're ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality is the #1 attribute that I look for in a woman. I don't care if you have the ass of a goddess, if you think I'll do whatever you want so you can act as a princess I'll dump your ass asap!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Same level of physical attractiveness. Reduces overall attraction towards her as @Bandit74 said.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're hot you will still be hot

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. The least thing I could do with that person is have sex with her. 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • her beauty will attract guys but the personality will drive them away if she's a bich

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep.

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely...

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys