Is going to the gym with my brother, deterring other men from approaching?

• Yes
    67%(10)81%(38)Vote88%(28)
  • No
    33%(5)19%(9)Vote12%(4)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you going to the gym to workout or get hit on? If it's to get hit on why would you bring your brother? LOL

• No, just to workout but once a while you see someone that catches the eye and well, you just can't help it.

• Wow that's fucking cool as hell.. where you going?

• To the U. S.

What Guys Said 17

• It could, unless the family resemblance is perfectly obvious. Even then, some might still be hesitant.

• Lol yes... There is this girl at my gym here and I'm pretty sure he has a little crush on me. She tries to always start convocations with me, and just randomly start smiling and giggling at me. Anyhow she enters the gym with her brother on most days and I see him and I'm intimidated asf.
    The guy is lifting 120kg bench press like its nothing and there I am with my 70kg lol :/

• Why don't you say hi and make small talk. Her brother won't mind unless he ain't.

• Because no initial girl is worth being turned into a 120kg bench for small talk and a greeting. I usually say hi to her cause she's now doing work experience at the gym receptionist and trainer (so its kinda easier to talk to her at a professional level). Anything other than that is uncharted dangerous territory lol

• Just the opposite, for bro is an other, softer target to befriend in order to get to know you

• hmm, to me the ONLY place most men know to not approach women is the gym, at least the guys who are actually there to lift

• 1|0
  • Any women who are with guys deter guys from approaching. If you like a guy, you should approach instead.

• probably, some girls smell so bad when they're working out its probably enough of a deterrent for men anyway lol jk!!

• Gym is the last place I'd personally hit on somebody at. First, I went there with intention to work out. If you work good, you can't combine 2 words into sensible werb xD. Plus I'm all sweaty, with probably the worst hair ever etc.

• Of course - you could go to the gym for it's intended use and excercise, instead of focusing on hooking up...

• No intention of hooking up but just a curious question.

• lol that was a bit of a snide one - I didn't expect to get any likes on that one lol thanks.

In all seriousness, the other folks here have a point, your brother may well be perceived as partner.

That said, going with a workout partner is more effective.

• Yeah. It's common sense but also proves that one should never assume. I usually like to try to guess when I see people together if they are together, based on body language and also find myself blown away to the lengths people go to call attention. I'm usually the lowkey, workout in the back and away from people gal. Just helps me focus more and the air seems cooler.

• It might - unless the guys can tell he's your brother.

• Yeah. I plan on customizing some tshirts with a He's my brother. Maybe it'll get the message.

• Lol. Let's take a moment of silence for those who do.

• haha exactly.

• If you want a boyfriend, the gym is not the place to hang out. However, i dont think so.

• Are you actively engaged and constantly working out? I don't talk to people at all when they are, because if anyone talks to me while I'm lifting, that's a great way to hear a lot of fucks and cunts louder than you've ever heard anything before. Front desk post workout protein and chill time is the only time to talk in the gym. If you're on the weight floor, and you mouth is making sounds other than, "HNGH!" you're in the damn way.

• it would deter most men. Also, other men might think of him as your boyfriend and not approach you.

• Lmaoo

• I thought girls hated attention in the gym anyway?

• No, most men won't approach you regardless. We are there to build stone cold muscle that glistens in the moonlight, and bulges in the sunlight. We are there to become bigger, stronger, faster and harder. We cannot let you distract us from our mission, we will not! THE MISSION TO BUILD... DISREGARD females at the gymn, ACQUIRE Gainz!

• Well you don't meet new people at the gym in the first place. The gym is only meant for one thing. Workout

What Girls Said 2

• I used to go to bars with my brother until he realized girls thought we were together. He doesn't invite me to join him anymore.

• most probably