Is it ok not to expected to marry ever new person you with? and just go with the flow?

so i use to expected to marry who ever i was dating. i was raised to believe not to date anyone unless i plan on marrying them. i quickly learned you can't go into every relationship expecting too much or too little otherwise you will end up hurt. in fact i was almost married 2 years ago which is a story for another day but i just ended up getting hurt& too attached. 2 girlfriend later my new girlfriend told me too just go with the flow and think about things like that when you been dating someone for at least 3-4 years. since doing this life has been so much better for me relationship wise. I don't know if me and my new girlfriend will last but for now she makes me happy.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Going with the flow is probably the best advise anybody could have ever given you.

• really how so?

• Cuz it makes a lot of things much easier without overthinking each step that you take

Most Helpful Guy

• What you say is kind of true. But at the same time, girls say all kinds of shit to get ahead ;)

What Girls Said 1

• Originally the point of dating was to find someone you want to marry. So to me I date to find someone I want to be with. I don't become official (boyfriend/girlfriend) with someone until I know it's a long term thing

• i go with the flow but if i expected I'll be eating them for awhile aka a year or more maybe even permitly i go for it. you won't known till you try right? and just becuase i think i may be able to have a good relationship with that person. doesn't mean something won't change right? i can fall out of love with them, she could cheat or we both could find someone better for us both. l

• Yeah that's true, you do what makes you happy ☺

• Thats why i do it plus i do love her n if some other girl changes that... it means we are not ment to be together but woundt ever cheat.

What Guys Said 1

• If you don't see yourself marrying someone then you're saying for fun. If you know for sure you don't want to marry then don't date but I say you at least have to see yourself having a future with them or you'll be wasting time

• and if it fails you get slapped in the face. i still date girl who would make good wife or i think i can have a future with. but i won't expected it till happen or hold my heart out waiting for it too be shot. i just say how i feel and that i got high hopes for us and nothing more