What could be considered emotional cheating for a woman in a relationship?

What would a girl be doing if she was emotionally cheating on her boyfriend/fiancée/husband with some guy she was attracted to?

Would she keep pretending to be single, text that person and stuff? What do you think constitutes emotional cheating?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• If she told him she loved him, if she felt the need to hide their relationship from their S. O, if she told him that he's the only person who can understand her etc...

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything that you need to hide from your partner (other than planning a surprise birthday party) is probably cheating.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• Pretending to be single is a really shady thing to do. Nothing good can come of it in my opinion. Not only are they deceiving whoever they are texting, but they are also being dishonest towards their partner.

It becomes emotional cheating when you start to pretend you are single and are actively talking with people who you are interested in. There is no clear-cut definition of emotional cheating, it depends on the relationship. I would personally be quite hurt if my girlfriend (if I had one that is) would pretend to be single towards other guys.

• I am guilty of this so maybe I can help. If your going out of your way to interact with men or women. If your Flirting with the idea of cheating with them. then your emotions are outside your relationship.