How would you react if a close friend told you she has feelings for you?

Even if you didn't have feelings for her, would you give the relationship a try to spare her the rejection and not ruin the friendship?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Friendship doesn't need to be ruined, last year I asked a friend of mine out, I was rejected and our friendship still continues just like it was before. I would listen to her, I'd reject her or not (depends on what I felt) and I'd like to remain her friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I've been in this situation before.. Some years ago, a close friend of mine confessed to me, and at first I thought he was just joking, but apparently he wasn't. I asked for some time to answer, because I needed some time to think. I didn't want to give him hope, because he'd be disappointed in the end. So the next day, I talked with him alone, and I calmly told him that I didn't have feelings for him, but I'd like to keep being friends. The next days were a bit difficult, he was kind of avoiding me, but everything went well after!

What Guys Said 2

• first I will make her swear that whatever I say will not affect the friendship and then I will say the cruel words

• I would tell her that I'm not interested. It might sting, but it would save us both some time.

What Girls Said 2

• If I didn't have feelings I'd tell them how I felt and say I still want to be friends.

• Happened to me
    I was honest and said I didn't have feelings and after a while everything got back to normal