Should I date my friend's ex?

My sort of best friend, just broke up with this girl for the second time. The first time he cheated on her, and second time because she wanted him to stop smoking. Now we are talking to each other, and I really like this girl. Should I date her, or stay loyal to my friend? Its kind of a lose-lose here

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Answer these questions that relates to your question. Then, you would think about it and know what to do.

1. Who matters to you more, your best friend or the girl?
    2. Does your feelings for her matter more than you and your best friend's friendship?
    3. Why do you want to date her? I know, you probably like her but that's kinda strange and rude. Your best friend might think that while he was dating her you were liking her while she was taken. You are not the only person who went through that situation but just realize that he might get mad at you, etc.
    4. Be careful with your choices, you must decide wisely.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you liked a specific candy that your fiend liked would you not eat it if given the chance?

If you got to enjoy a ride at a theme park but was told your friend rose it first would you not attempt it?

Your happiness matters and if a "friend" puts a limit or rules on what you do or can do to have happiness then they are not a "friend". In other words... fk him.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't.

• Don't date your mates exs. It's a rule.

• Key word FRIEND, u got ur answer right there.

• no it will cause your friend to get upset

What Guys Said 1

• Don't do it. Trust me, I've been there and it will be a disaster. It doesn't even matter if you ask for your friend's permission and he says yes. Don't do it