I can't get over what he said when he was drunk?

I can't get over what he said when he was drunk? A few weeks ago, the guy I've been seeing and I went out with friends and drank. We started talking, and he began to tell me "I just feel you're thinking further ahead than I am. That you're much more serious than I am. But I don't want you to think I'm not serious about you. I am, but I'm not at the same time". I had gotten super upset about this. He told me before I dropped him off "don't take what I said to heart. I'm just super lit right now".

But, ever since he said that, I feel super hurt and insecure. It's been maybe 3 weeks since this happened.

We aren't official, but I feel as if I'll give him one more month before I ask for more commitment.

But im not sure. Wasn't there SOME truth to what he said?

He texted me that night too and said "please don't take what I said seriously. Don't take it to heart"

But like what? Don't take that to heart? I'm not sure how someone couldn't. Perhaps it's where he doesn't want me. But doesn't want to lose me.

12

What Guys Said 2

• we guys tend to talk and then think. it probably didn't mean anything

• lol, I suppose this can be true. Lmao, still left me dazed and confused 😅

• Oh lol, that's not the emoji I sent!!! Ignore it please lol

• maybe he is serious about you maybe he just likes certain aspects of your relationship. I wouldn't wait a month for asking him for more commitment, If he's serious about you he will commit when you ask

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see anything wrong with what he said the fact that you're upset over this honesty means he is right and you need to reevaluate

• I mean, why wouldn't I be upset? He had basically left me confused and unsure. He stated one thing and then stated another. He said "don't take it to heart". But, what am I supposed to take from that? I clearly want something serious.

• Yes, these all make sense. We are dating, it's been about 5 months now. But, I am confused as to why he would say "you're thinking more seriously than I am. But, I also don't want you to him that I'm not serious about you. I am, but I'm not at the same time". Do I take this as, he likes me and cares about me, but doesn't see me as a serious candidate?

• Who says there are candidates? Maybe he just doesn't want a girlfriend and the relationship is going to suck if you push him into it but same time if a relationship is what you want it's been a while to just be dating