What time frame do you think is a good time to get engaged to the love of your life?

For me personally it depends on the girl I'm dating and the overall chemistry we have as well as what we both bring to the table and all the moments in our lives that we shared together that build it up. But if I was to base it off a general timeline I think a good time would be 4 years of being together with at the least one of which we where living together.

Bonus question!

With today's divorce rates being much higher than they where back then, do you personally think that regardless how much the person means to you that you would still consider getting a prenup so that in case it doesn't work out in the long run you and the other person both keep what is rightfully yours?

Most Helpful Girl

• Fantastic question, I've been wondering this myself! I think everything you just listed is perfect, including the time frame. I think 4 years is a good average time frame until marriage.

What Girls Said 4

• There has been a lot of studies that show living together before marriage is detrimental to the relationship on the girls amend. What happens, is in the mindset of a male, (this isn't an ideal description is it doesn't always unfold in these terms), when they are living together before marriage, the male hangs out with his friends and says, based on whatever the girl asks him to do, "it's like she thinks we're married or something." Then, when they get married their mindset never changes. Even though they are now married their relationship never changes. If they wait to live together until after they are married. The male mind changes from dating to marriage, and the relationship is actually improved. There is a book about this if your interested. They explain it much better with tests, depth, and a lot better explains, but the truth is, your much better holding off on living together.

• They also have a lot of studies in other books on why you should wait to have sex, completely unrelated to a religious aspect.

• I think 2 years is good. After it depend if you see the other person everyday, etc...

In the areas I live in divorce rates are very low (around 10 %) and it tend to get lower and lower every years. So I wouldn't do any prenup (unless my partner really wanted to).

• Yea maybe 4-5yrs of serious relationship, and i would want to say no bc I would love him so much but realistically I don't know anything can happen

• 2 years seems like a good time

What Guys Said 2

• Around two years after courting/dating.

• never, ill do everything about marriage except for the damn paperwork and legal stuff