Ladies! what are qualities you value most in a man you would like to date?

221

Most Helpful Girl

• Smart
    Kind
    Caring
    Ambition
    Avid reader
    Likes outdoor stuff
    Regularly going to gym instead of sitting on his ass
    Likes to travel
    Well-educated (at least Bachelor's from a good university, not next door community college)
    Open to try new things specifically in bed
    Being able to talk about his actual feelings
    Giving shit about climate change, environment and all
    Correct grammar, being able to differentiate their/there/they're, you're/your, than/then
    Likes music festivals and live concert
    Doesn't listen to country music or Nickelback
    Direct and honest, open to communication
    Being in a good mood and optimistic (can't stand grumpy guys)
    Dry sense of humor
    Empathetic (necessary for my periods)
    Respect
    Maturity
    Good father material
    Affection
    Trustworthy
    Good job and strong work ethic (good job doesn't mean well-paid. I earn my own money. Good job means something he enjoys and is proud of doing)
    Inspiring me
    Respecting me
    Loving animals
    Giver and taker, who knows when to compromise, when to make me compromise
    Not manipulating
    Not macho, not jealous

Is there a man with these qualities? I guess I am asking why I am single since I was 25 for no reason. The answer is obvious why I am single, and did not have sex since 3 years.

• The university matters? Intense list lol

• @karahiri yes it matters. According to QS world ranking, my university is in top 150. I wouldn't wanna date someone from a community college or with bad ranking in the nationals. I tried, but really there was a difference in intelligence and perceiving certain things.

Most Helpful Guy

• You really have a lot to learn asking women questions like this. It is common knowledge that it is never worth asking women about what they want in a man.

Look at the very predictable lists all linked to caring, affection, i. e nice guys. I guarantee you that in the real world, watch how they act and who they demonstrate attractiveness to and it will be nothing like this list.

It's all BS but they actually believe it themselves. Of course, there are some exceptions but for the most part, all of those lists are nonsense. Do not listen to what they say, watch how they act!

• Aw come on, sure it is. Take what they say, and do the opposite to get the effect you want.

It's so hilarious to see these women describe me to a T, but then I behave that way and go home alone, having paid for a nice dinner, to find out she got a Tinder hookup within two hours that she let fuck her in the ass.

But then, I act like a raging dickhead, actively checking out other women, ignoring them, don't pay for shit, let a door close right in her face, and BAM: laid.

This is not hyperbole. This was two different first dates I had last year.

There is value in what anyone says, so long as you're aware of whether or not the speaker is an idiot too stupid to want what someone with sense would or an totally un-evolved idiot.

What Girls Said 21

• life insurance policy.

• Reliable
    Compassionate
    Sensitive side
    Sense of humour
    Humility -. in the sense that he doesn't talk down to people, or look down on people less fortunate than himself

A guy who'll not just be my SO but become my best friend too

Loyalty is paramount to me , so if he doesn't provide loyalty all of his other qualities are worthless to me

• -gentle
    -caring
    -affectionate
    -patient/understanding
    -loyal/honest
    -intelligent
    -driven
    -quirky/random and sponatenous

• Already dating the man I look for.
    He's honest.
    Funny.
    Smart.
    Very caring and considerate.
    Treats me like a princess.
    Love him so much.

• 1. Intelligence
    2. Mercifulness is the second best quality
    3. Humility is my third favourite quality
    4. Compassion is my fourth favourite quality
    5. A Strong work ethic is my fifth favourite quality
    6. An attractive face is the my sixth favourite quality

• 1. Kindness
    2. Honesty
    3. Loyalty
    4. Funny
    5. Intelligence
    6. Hardworking
    7. Friendly

• An outstanding personality and quick wit.

• A big, thick, throbbing…heart >3

• I look for a guy who has a funny personality, he has to be a gentlemen, caring, manners, respects others around him, works hard, strong physically and mentally. :)

• That he is a gentleman and respectful towards me. He doesn't want me just for sex, but he actually seems to care about me.

• I really value someone with a creative side. Music, carpentry, graphic design... Anything creative!

• Already with someone. He's funny, kind, hardworking and a bunch of other things

• Openness, commitment, and the ability to make me feel beautiful and laugh.

• Sensitive, caring, generous, understanding, and a huge cock

• Honesty

• Honest, hilarious, family oriented, generous, talented, passionate, adventurous and caring.

• Loyal
    Kindness - treat me good
    Good sense of humor

• Honesty, intelligenc, intergity, loyalty, ambition, faith, wanderlust and a sense of humor.

• I think generally there has to be attraction and personal compatibility, or no relationship would work. Then you move onto the life goals/values section, that if don't match make a relationship hard: whether you want a family in the future, how you deal with money, and religion.

• I mean the guy has to treat me right. If he doesn't then there is no shot at all for him. But I think personality is really important too. Hope this helps!!!

• Humble, polite, kind, humour, intelligence

• Meh and 6 feet tall. Short guys with all those traits don't get love

• @vido98 which comment lol?
      @hershey1kiss2 not necessarily it depends on the person and their preference, I don't choose guys based on their height

• Find out the percentage of women that would date a guy shorter or the same height as them.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!