Why do guys seem to be scared of making a commitment?

Maybe it's the type of guy I attract but every guy I talk to whenever I mention I want a relationship or take things slow they turn around and say they want friends with benefits

218

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you pick guys based on their height or meet them at a bar so they do not have qualities like honesty, loyalty, and faithfulness.

Quit turning down nice guys for a change and your world will be better.

• I don't drink so never been in a bar plus don't care much for height 😃

• Wow, you are a gem!

Alright, the best way to be sure to meet a commitment type is to meet a dorky guy. Honestly, if you find a gamer or someone into anime the chances are really good. they probably will have confidence problems but with a little reassurance and a zelda costume (joking) the relationship should do well.

Certain personality traits make good boyfriends. Unfortunately, most of the traits that women desire in men are in men that have bad qualities.
      Shyness and awkwardness is a good thing.

• Thanks for the advice but I'm extremely shy myself 😂

What Guys Said 17

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-normal(c).gif

Because they never deemed you worthy enough of commitment.

There's a reason why these guys are usually the guys girls want. Their abundance mentality is what is attractive.

I'm pretty sure, if they "gave in" too quickly to you, your attraction will fall like a rock.

Unfortunately, the best you can do is let these guys know you are interested but look at other options.

• Being in a relationship is somewhat scary for a lot of guys. It's a big commitment. Not all guys shy away from it, but in general, guys in your age range aren't ready to settle down just yet.

• We're not scared of commitment. We commit to careers, hobbies and physically demanding ways of life all the time. We just don't like committing to women. It's a good way to get fucked over.

• It's the guys you find attractive. You know from the start that they don't want a real relationship in the back of your mind. But you want to do what other women couldn't do just to show that you're better than all those girls. Make him a loyal and loving boyfriend so you can get bragging rights. It's every 15 to 27 year old girls fantasy.

• Umm not wanting commitment doesn't mean we're scared. We're down for commitment with the right girl...

• Its sad that their are guys that want to use women. Personally I do want to settle down and start a family. You'll find a guy, may take a while longer. But if a guy generally just wants you for sex he ain't worth it (unless all you want from him is sex as well).

• They want the milk, not the cow.

• Funny how feminists thought they were liberating women and this is the result.

• @Notorisch_Arschloch - oh yeah, the sexual liberation didn't help them any at all. Now they give their sex away for free, then stand around and wonder where all the good guys have gone. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

• I wouldn't say I'm scared of commitment so much as I just don't think it's worth it. Friends with benefits is much less effort but most of the same payoff.

• Not scared, just not interested

• Anyone who walks into commitment without fear shouldn't be making commitments

• If the man can smash without having to commit, then that's exactly what he's going to do. No one is scared.

• Relationship to me doesn't sound appealing to me , I don't know why it just doesn't

• Because when I get to the age where all girls want is hookups I'm not going to commit.

• commitments are difficult because it's a 50/50 shot of exploding in the face

• Not "scared" just doesn't make sense to commit to a woman.
    What does a woman have that i want. Its rhetorical.

• I bet you can't even list one genuine and unique benefit of a guy committing to a girl, that he can't get from a friends with benefits situation or a friend...

• Because relationships and marriages fuck over the guy really hard.

• And the girl doesn't get fucked over at all?

• Please tell me in which way it fucks over the girl? Because it DOESN'T.

• OKay then a woman I know her husband cheated on her and even though she gave him a second chance he raped her then left her for the woman he had the affair with. Another woman I know was in a abusive marriage with an alcoholic man it destroyed her confidence and that is just two examples of how a woman can be fucked over in a marriage. The point is a relationship is about trusting the other person not to fuck the other one over, not every relationship is perfect and there is an equal chance for either gender to get fucked over it's just weather the other person is worth the risk.

What Girls Said 2

• it could be the sort of guys your attracting, there are some out there that commit so much! :)

• some might feel trapped