Is it wrong to give it a try even though I'm not THAT into him?

I like him. He's cute and he treats me awesome. But I'm not crazy over him like I usually get when I start liking a guy. I get way too crazy and I see unicorns and butterflies, lol. That's how I felt few months ago when I was crushing on this one guy from work, before I found out he has a girlfriend. Then this new guy came and I just feel confused. I know for the fact that I'm attracted to him, but I'm also fine not being with him. Being with him makes me calm and safe, it's simple, easy and fun. Really fun, I laugh all the time! I'm usually the type that falls in love pretty fast, but it seems I still didn't fall in love with him? Is that okay giving that it's only been few weeks since we started hanging out?

1311

Most Helpful Guy

• Naw, don't do this to a guy. You'll get him all hooked in and then want to cut him loose for someone else. It's like murdering someone's heart.

Stupid people do this and get married and have kids. Then they figure it out and bail or have an affair. Look what happens! And the guy is standing there blindsided and excluded from his family. It's a national disgrace.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm not even thinking about marriage or kids, geez it's been only a week! I think waiting for something that might never happen is stupid, I've been waiting for 2 years now and that didn't get me anywhere. I always fall for guys who don't like me back, it feels amazing finally having someone who does like me. Besides, I enjoy being intimate with him, he turns me on. I'm just not in love with him, yet. I think what's important is to be honest with him. The worst it could happen is not falling in love and breaking up. I mean that's life, shit happens. But I would never settle or lead him on, that would be cruel for both of us.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going through this too. The last guy I dated I went gaga for. When we were together it was like fireworks and so passionate. BUT-it also burnt out just as quickly. The guy I'm dating now is taking it slow it seems. The first guy and I had instant chemistry and we were all over each other from the get-go. With this guy, we have to ease into it and get the timing right. It's not a fire. Somehow I think though, that our feelings will grow stronger over time. It seems we could have something real and sustainable one day, which is why I'm being patient about developing the passion with guy #2. But, I'm looking for a committed relationship not just a hot fling. This guy's def worth it. I say only give it a chance if you both want the same kind of relationship. If not, it's pretty much wasting his time, and yours.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I'm not looking for a fling either, it feels like I finally have something real here. It was always me who pursued guys and who fell in love first, and this is the first time I was pursued and actually fell for it. I feel damn special lol.

• Give him a chance then. Just went on my 5th date with my guy and I'm just barely starting to feel the butterflies, but they are DEFINITELY there now. :)

• And forget about girlfriend guy. You need to think of being with him like being with a priest or a grandpa. Not gonna happen so you should put him outta ur head to give this new guy a real shot at ur heart.