My boyfriend yelled at me, help?

So my boyfriend and I live in the same state but not at the same school anymore since he lives south and I live north of New York so we see each other sometimes (once every 2 months). We've been together for 3 months now. So I haven't talked to him in 3 days because we've been busy with school so I texted him 2 days ago but he didn't answer And I texted him tonight And I said "hey :) hope everything's been alright with you, I've been busy with homework but can talk to you now if you want :)" then he texted "I'm ok :/! I'm just helping my parents with house chores! I don't want to talk to you right now!" And I started crying and texted "I'm sorry, I'm learning to just be less talkative because so many people recently think I'm annoying when I talk so much and hate me then. I understand you are helping your family with chores and I didn't know you were helping them, I'm so sorry 🙁" and so this was all on messenger so I logged off 5 minutes later and he didn't say anything within that time which is understandable of him helping his family which I've always respected. I just couldn't stop crying though, he's never yelled at me like that. It's like he thought I was trying to tear him away from his family which I have no intent whatsoever. I understand because I help my family around the house too and love them. Plus I know he's happy spending time with his family. It just doesn't seem like he enjoys my company of talking to him anymore like he used to. obviously I'm not going to talk to him for a few days to give him space and for me to get rid of my sadness. How much days a week do you guys reccomend me talking to him so I don't seem like a freak :( I appreciate your opinions. Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds abusive. Maybe you should leave.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like to hear from my guy everyday especially if we're long distance. I guess give him a couple days to see if he'll text you but I would talk to him ab where y'all stand and tell him you didn't mean to interfere if you did, and see he'll explain whatever was going on to you

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Didn't seem like he yelled at you. That's just your interpretation of written communication. Word to the wise in long distance relationships. DONT base your communication solely on text. Because things are read wrong. Best to do verbal or face to face (Skype, FaceTime whatever) perhaps he was having a bad day. He did say "I'm ok :/" which meant that he really wasn't.

• Well, if it was over text, he didn't really tell at you. He could just be having a bad day. Try to think optimistically. Good luck!

• give him plenty of space. let him come to you. dont be the first to reach out.

• You are overthinking a little. He was busy, he may have had something that upset him (not you) and he didn't want to talk. That's all... he didn't even yell at you, I think. You are just worried. It's ok and normal.