Can long distances work?

I am a loyal guy and I can be patient and wait for how long it takes. But I haven't met a genuine person yet lots of fake people around who just want time pass or fun kinda thing not serious.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what you mean by long distance. Do you mean someone you already met, and they left for college and come back on weekends? Or do you mean someone that you met online who is a 10-20 hour plane flight away?

Either one can work. In the first case it takes slightly more work to keep it going. In the second case it's not very realistic and the chances of it working are low.

In the second case, you have to face reality. Ultimately a relationship must be in person. One of you will eventually have to move to where the other lives. In the meantime, you need to meet in person to find out of there is really anything there to build a relationship on.

You can find out a lot about a person on the internet, and maybe even fall in love with them. But you are not seeing the whole person. You are only seeing part of them, and not seeing them at all in their normal environment living their normal life. You only see part of them, and your mind is filling in the blanks.

Then you have to face reality about moving. How realistic is this? How much does it cost? If it's a different country, can you even move move to that country, and what's involved in it? You can't just move to another country, or even visit there anytime you want.

Bottom line is that you have to be realistic and honest with yourself. You have to be realistic about what it takes, mentally, financially, etc. Do you have $10K+ USD for a couple of visits to meet them in person? Can you schedule time off of school or work when both of you can meet? Are your parents going to approve of it?

If you are 18 years old and visiting a person from another country that you met on the internet, will the border agents let you in the country? They aren't stupid. They know what you are doing and know you are high risk of staying illegally. I know an Australian who flew to the UK and got turned away at the airport in London for that reason. That was even a commonwealth country and he still got turned away at the border. How much do you know about different kinds of visas, like visitation visas, work visas, marriage visas?

If you want it to work, you have to make it work. You can't just say you will meet in person. You have to be realistic and actually do it for real. If you don't have good solid plans in place, plans that are realistic, it's extremely unlikely to work.

What Girls Said 4

• They work if the relationship was established and successful prior to going long distance. And if there is a reasonable end to the distance.

• They can but I wouldn't recommend getting into one unless absolutely necessary. My boyfriend and I are doing long distance at the moment and it's one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.

• it can work but it's not easy. I had been in LDR 3 times. They couldn't keep it in their pants 😒

• I was in one for over a year , but I'd never enter into one again. They are too challenging and difficult to maintain. Most people online are only passing time. Once something real comes along they no longer have any loyalties to you.

The ultimate goal of a LDR is to meet up and eventually one of you uprooting to live with or near the other one. That's a huge sacrifice to pay. It's not a sacrifice I'm willing to make. If you can't meet up regualry then it's pointless calling it a relationship. . I'm too affectionate and loving to be I'm a LDR. Texts, calls, and video calls are just not enough for me

What Guys Said 0