Would you date a guy without liking him?

Well, it's actually compicated. There's a dude in my school that 3 years now has being asking me out, buying me chocolates, sending me crazy messages on facebook about "us" and dedicating me any love song he's ever heard. It's the actual meaning of "stalk". I have actually rejected him more than 5 or 6 times and lately I started to feel a bit bad about him. I don't know what to do. Should I date him? He would actually care a lot for me. But I still don't like him. It seems really weird to me. He acts bad to all girls except for me. So, if I date him and then just break up with him for no reason will he be completely broke or mad? Any ideas on what should I do? I don't think ignoring him would be a solution.

167

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't want to, don't date him. Just let him know all the things he is doing is really bothering you and that you are not interested in him. If you date someone you don't like, there is no reason to date. Nothing will ever come of it. You are way too young to have this kind of problem. You need to block him from your Facebook page. Cutting off things like that will tell him you are not interested and won't change your mind. Also, block his number on your phone so he can't text or call. Do not respond if you don't block these things because it may lead him to think that you really are interested. Shutting him down leaves no doubt. If you run into him at school or other places, tell him you are not talking to him and to please ignore you because that is what you are doing with him. Don't be alone with him. Though he is young, it doesn't mean he's not the stalking type and you don't want to put yourself in a position where he can harm you if he is inclined to do so. If he does something wrong, tell your parents. The fact that this guy has been trying since you were 11 and hasn't gotten the message is really weird behavior on his part. Good luck to you and stay safe.

Most Helpful Girl

• He apparently can't understand and accept the way you feel about things... about him specifically. Maybe you could try to talk to him and help him understand that he's wasting his time and that he's not going to be happy if he keeps pressuring you to date him. It's probably not gonna work since you don't feel the same way. You both deserve to be happy and dating each other isn't going to bring you happiness. You could still be friends. And this really is not a cliche! You can totally be friends if you want to. Being friends with your crush is sooo underrated and it makes me sad. Being friends with someone that you'd want to date is amazingly positive and even if it doesn't work out to be what you wanted it to be, it can only bring you happiness. If the friendship is strong enough, once someone falls in love with the other person and the feeling isn't mutual, it can't be awkward enough to separate them. It will hurt but it will get better. And I really think you shouldn't settle for something that isn't what you really wanted, for something that doesn't make you truly happy. Happiness isn't a constant state of mind, that's true. People don't always make each other happy and that doesn't mean they don't love each other, also true. But if the love is one sided... it's not worth it. Him thinking you love him when you don't and you sticking around because of pity isn't the future you both deserve. Tell him what you feel, exactly how you feel, and you'll be fine. ^^

What Guys Said 6

• Sure if you like settling for less and tormenting yourself if he gets on your nerves. Only times I've done that and fucked someone just because they wanted to (I wasn't that attracted to them but figured fuck it, do it anyway) was back when I was a man slut and would fuck anything once. These days if I don't like them I tell them so and certainly wouldn't fuck them anyway if they were below my standards.

• STAY AWAY

• Don't do it, talk to a jock right in front of him

• I'd suggest taking a fart spray with you next time
    that always works for keeping unwanted things at bay πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    100% guarantee it works πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

• Wouldn't date a guy at all

• no, that would only reinforce negative behavior. best thing to do is just to pretend you have a boyfriend.. that you've liked a guy for a while, and just never told him

What Girls Said 15

• sometimes u can grow to like somone... but it doesn't always happen. u could TRY it, just keep an open mind and find things u like about him... its worth a try if u feel tthat he will treat u well :)

• Ignore and block if needed. Never date someone you don't want to, and never date someone out of pity.

• i agree because when you meet a guy you truly like, it would break this guy's heart to know that you dated him only out of pity

• I have and then I broke up with him because I didn't like him.

• I did that already when I was in high school because he was trying for 2 years. and I felt as if I should have gave him a chance, but it don't work out I still didn't regret it but it you want to date him do so.

• Date him for 3 weeks, then say it didn't work out and dump him

• Blow his best friend or do something he doesn't like to make him stop.

• i say give him a chance :) u dnt knw what might happen :D

• That would be going out as friends

• Doesn't that go against the whole point of dating?

• No, never date someone you don't like. He will eventually give up.

• Simple question : do you want to hurt me? No, i guess. So you shouldn't.

• Man naw. You dont owe him shitπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Usually, if a guys asks me on a date (even if I don't particularly like him), I'll say yes-- just because it takes courage to ask people out! Agreeing to go on a date is just agreeing to go on that ONE date- not a full-blown relationship. Dates help you get to know a person, so you can decide whether or not to persue something more with them.

However, your particular guy sounds a little too obsessive-- when something like that is one-sided, drama is bound to happen. I'd be very carefull in your decision--don't get into a relationship out of pitty or just because you'd be 'adored'. You might have to be more blunt in letting him know that you do not feel the same way about him- it sounds like he's going to cling to the slightest hope and keep trying. Be honest. Sometimes it's better not to mince words.

If you do decide to go on a date with him anyway (though, I wouldn't recommended it in this case) make sure he understands it's just ONE date-not in anyway a promise of a relationship. Make it a double date, with friends you trust, so you are not alone with him, and be upfront with boundaries and expectations. If he asks for a second date, do not feel obligated. You can always say something like "hey, thanks for the date. It was nice, but I do not want to go on another date with you- I don't think it would be fair for either of us. I'm sorry." (Again though, I don't think I'd date him at all in this case. You'll just get his hopes up.)

Whatever you do, know it won't be easy. Emotions will be involved, but he'll get over. If you have to block/unfriend/ect as a last resort, do it. Sometimes that's the only way to show you're serious and not playing hard to get.

• No why would I date a guy I didn't like. It wouldn't last

• I could never do that. I would be forcing myself into a relationship I didn't want in the first place and as a result I would be annoyed and angry with everything related to that person, I would end up treating that person bad.