18 with first boyfriend help?

I'm 18 soon to be 19, and I been talking to a guy who I like and he likes me too. We are not official yet but we hang out and go out to eat together. I'm shy, but I don't mind holding his hand or playfully arguing with him. (Which is a big deal since I mostly keep things to myself). Anyways we are talking a lot and I think it will be sooner or later that we might start dating. And I'm honestly freaking out on how to go about it. I mean I will tell him if the chance presents itself that he is my first boyfriend so that would take some pressure of me of living up to what his ex were (experience level). I feel like my inexperienxe level might be a turn off for him even tho he doesn't mind my "shy" "innocent" times when we talk and hang out. But I don't know what to expect. Tips?

42

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're trying to "live up" to an ex, you're already entering the relationship with the wrong attitude. You are you, not someone else and you shouldn't try to be. And at the end of the day attraction is natural and chemistry is natural and you can't force things to be "great" or force romance or whatever, so just enjoy the experience and understand that the first experience is a learning one, more than a relationship that is everlasting or "serious".

• Not that I'm trying to live up to his ex. Is just that I feel kinda discourage since friends have been dating and had more experience in dating and other things than me. So I feel like it would be like going steps back

• It's just a learning experience.

What Guys Said 1

• Consider that you worry more about yourself than that he worries about you; once you realize that, you can live in the moment and be aware of his worries, if any :)

What Girls Said 3

• Just expect things to be more intimate then normal. Obviously I feel like he wouldn't do things without asking you first, and getting your "a ok" with it all.

It's something you shouldn't overthink about. Do what feels right. Obviously the two of you like each other so you'd be together sometime soon. Guys tend to like the "shy and innocent" girls. That will change when you're more comfortable with him over time. Make sure to communicate. That's vital

• I think guys might like shy girls like you.

• Just be yourself and don't worry. He already likes you the way you are, so you don't have to worry, just enjoy :)