Long Distance relationship with little communication, help?

I've been in love with my boyfriend for 2 years and he's known this but he never wanted to be official until around 4 months ago. The problem is that, I moved to a different continent 2 months after he asked me to be his girlfriend. I'm still very much in love with him and he loves me too or else he wouldn't be dating me. He's very smart about what he wants and finally decided to commit to me. I wanna be with him and he's completely worth it, I know it's not just infatuation and people won't understand but he's the only person who I really invested in or cared about. But he's busy.. Like all the time, and I get it he's paying for college, and works 2 jobs and barely gets any sleep or any free time and I understand. I totally get it, but I feel like he should invest at least 15 minutes a day for a conversation because we don't talk anymore. It's like a conversation you should be having with a stranger. I'm just stressed out over this, and also he's 3 years older than me and I'm still in highschool. I just don't know when I'll see him again but I want to make this work no matter what. Advice is appreciated.

21

What Guys Said 1

• Okay, from a relationship coaching perspective, I have some concerns, thoughts and questions:

1) We make time for what matters and if he can't make time to communicate with you for 15 minutes a day, that should tell you something.
    2) I get worried when you say that you want to make this work no matter what. I fully appreciate that you really like him but being so far apart has got to be an issue. As people, we need physical, intellectual, and emotional intimacy and you don't seem to be getting any of it.

I don't dispute that you love him or that he loves you but again, what is the ACTUAL substance of your relationship apart from your memories? Think about it.

What Girls Said 2

• Alright. You are going to have to keep investing in you. Be the best whatever you are. Communication is key, and since js

• Wow. thanks, Internet. Communication is key. So is an end date. It can work, don't give up.

• Take it one step at a time