Religous dating and Un equally yolked marriage?

I am a Christian man but I am in love with a Muslim girl but my church says we can't be together because the bible forbids it in 2 Corinthians 6:14 (Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?).

My grandmother keeps saying follow your heart don't let religion choose for you.

I really don't know what to do.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah that's a tough situation since both religions don't allow interfaith marriages.
    What is the girl's thoughts though? On her side?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't "follow your heart"!
    That's the kind of advice you get from cheesy Disney movies.

Besides,...
    Jeremiah 17:9
    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

If you're really a Christian, do what the Bible says.
    Don't be unequally yoked!

Think of this as passing a class called "Christian Single Guy 101".
    It's the prerequisite for "Contented Christian Guy 201".

What Girls Said 3

• Love is God. Separation from love is the Devil.

Your Grandma is correct.

Religion just separates us. You don't need religion to believe in God.

• Should we love the Devil, too?

You can love people without dating them or marrying them.

2 Cor. 6:17
      "Therefore come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

• it not evil it just sinful and a mockery of God people

• @dogsteeves
      That was about as good explanation as I've ever seen on those verses.
      But did you catch my thought that...
      "As a father I don't want my son to marry just anyone and the heavenly Father is the same way."

Do you see what an error it would be to date or marry a person who does not share your faith?
      I think you know what to do, it's just painful. But trust me, it will be more painful the further you go into an unequally yoked relationship.

• I'd tend to side with your grandmother on this too.

• I guess because the house will be divided. Mark 3:25. You believe in one thing... they believe in another and it turns into an absolout mess. I just think it's easier when couples have the same belief's.

What Guys Said 2

• I am a Muslim and Muslim faith and law says a woman cannot marry an unbeliever.
    Sinca a woman is supposed to be kind and helpful to her husband and he is supposed to lead her, that would create conflict. What happens if he orders her to serve wine? Muslim s are not permitted to drink it.
    Now what? She must obey God and Annoy her husband. Same with serving pork, taking children to church etc etc.
    Her family is not going to let you marry unless you convert.

• but she keeps saying Allah agrees as long as the person isn't a Polytheist as in believe in more then one god

• She said her dad told her that

• Nope, he has to be Muslim because Christian and Jewish law are different among other things.

• the bible doesn't forbid it but trust me from experience find a girl WHO ACTUALLY FOLLOWS GOD NOT JUST GOES TO CHURCH

• @skeptic002
      I agree with you 95+% of the time, but how can you say the Bible doesn't forbid it?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?

Or I Cor. 7:39
      A wife is bound as long as her husband lives; but if her husband is dead, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

Notice "the only in the Lord" clearly indicates Christians should only marry Christians.

If you date, you might end up like @dogsteeves who can't say no to something that is explicitly wrong!