Guys, So embarrassed! Why would he tell me about my sleep farts?

We've been dating for over a year & have obviously spent the night at each other's houses and done a lot of other intimate things that couples do. But when it comes to bodily functions I go out of my way to hide them from him because they're super mortifying lol :P I usually wait until he leaves for work in the morning or I'll go to another room so he doesn't hear me, lol. But last night when we were watching a movie together I fell asleep before it was over & he continued watching it without me. Well, I woke up a while later and he was laughing his head off and wouldn't tell me why. He kept saying it was a funny scene in the movie but I didn't believe him & finally he admitted it was because I farted in my sleep. I literally got so embarrassed and started blushing like crazy!! He just found it so funny because it obviously never happened before. He's the type of person who doesn't think twice about stuff like that but I'm still so humiliated by it. He just hugged me & said it was "kind of adorable" and that I shouldn't worry about stuff like that in front of him. We both laughed about it and I know he's just having fun with me but he keeps teasing me about it and won't drop it. How do I stop feeling so embarrassed about it?

What Guys Said 3

• I fucking totally hate this too and do everything in my power to not fart around my wife, totally embarrasses me and she makes fun of me too! Even after being together for almost 20 years, its still the same. They do make fun because we try so hard to hide it and down play it. They know we are embarrassed and they enjoy watching us squirm. EVIL! LOL! You just have to realize that everyone does it, no big deal. Just tell him if he thinks it is so funny, then you will wait till he is asleep next time and fart right on his face! How bout dat?

• Yeah, he said it's hilarious because he knows I try my darnest not to fart in his presence. I just feel like it's the courteous thing to do and he just got a kick out of it because it never happened before. Even though we've been together for a year we've known each other for 4 and it still doesn't get any less mortifying! I'm just glad it has never happened when we were being romantic with each other or acting lovey dovey lol :) He'd probably never let me hear the end of it!

• Just grow up. It something we all do. He knows it makes you embarrassed so he just teasing you to get a quick laugh. Just continue to laugh with him or find something else to laugh about.

• It'd help if he didn't tease you about it, but he obviously does that because he doesn't think it's a big deal. I mean, you know everybody farts, right? It's nothing.

• I know everybody does it but it's just embarrassig because our relationship is relatively new (dating for one year). He doesn't mind doing that in our relationship but I just want to appear sexy to him & that's just the opposite of sexy Lol :P He keeps saying "You're too pretty to fart" and I wanna smack him on the head lol :)

• "You're too pretty to fart", that's a good one, ha ha! Yeah, farting isn't sexy, but it is a natural part of life. It isn't sexy to know your girl goes to the bathroom to take a dump, either, or that when she wakes up, she has messy hair and bad breath. Again, all common things. He won't like you less because you fart.

• Lol :) I don't know why he found it so amusing but I'm just praying it never happens again lol. Like I don't make a big deal out of it when he does it & yet he practically busted a lung from laughing so much lol :P that guy needs to get a hobby :)